10,787 Posts
Limited-Slip Diff

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XeroState said:
Limited-Slip Diff
O, sweet, I know what that is, my GS has that, but that's rear wheel drive.
What are the Redline's axle ratio's?
And are all of the Redline's front-weel drive?

Anthony

·
Registered
135 Posts
73BuickGS455 said:
O, sweet, I know what that is, my GS has that, but that's rear wheel drive.
1. What are the Redline's axle ratio's?
2. And are all of the Redline's front-weel drive?

Anthony
1. Final drive is 4.05:1
2. Yes. FWD is it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hawflake said:
Lysergic acid Diethylamide, commonly known as acid.

Oh sorry, wrong LSD, I should have read the whole post.
Also,
Lake Shore Drive
;)

·
Registered
808 Posts
lazy stinky dog, long sweet doobie

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Look at you guy making drug refrences to the 13yr old! :)

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Look at you guy making drug refrences to the 13yr old! :)

My first instinct was to post what Hawflake did, but then I remembered the thread starters age.

I'm trying let Mr. Mackie rectify the situation and clarify a bit. :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
JPK said:
My first instinct was to post what Hawflake did, but then I remembered the thread starters age.

I'm trying let Mr. Mackie rectify the situation and clarify a bit. :D
A Short History of LSD

LSD was first synthesized in 1938 by a chemist working for Sandoz Laboratories in Switzerland. His name was Dr. Albert Hofmann. There is a 'foundation' named after him and many websites are dedicated to him for inventing this drug, just an FYI.

LSD was initially developed as a circulatory and respiratory stimulant. However, no real benefits of the compound were identified and its study was discontinued. In the 1940’s, interest in the drug was revived when it was thought to be a possible treatment for schizophrenia. Because of LSD’s structural relationship to a chemical that is present in the brain and its similarity in effect to certain aspects of psychosis, LSD was used as a research tool in studies of mental illness.

Sandoz Laboratories, the drug’s sole producer, began marketing LSD in 1947 under the trade name “Delysid” and it was introduced into the United States a year later. Sandoz marketed LSD as a psychiatric cure-all and hailed it as a cure for everything from schizophrenia to criminal behavior, sexual perversions and alcoholism. AND Sandoz, in its LSD related literature suggested that psychiatrists take the drug themselves in order to “gain an understanding of the subjective experiences of the schizophrenic.” During a 15 year period beginning in 1950, research on LSD and other hallucinogens generated over 1,000 scientific papers, several dozen books, and 6 international conferences, and LSD was prescribed as treatment to over 40,000 patients. Although initial observations on the benefits of LSD were highly optimistic, empirical data developed subsequently proved much less promising.
The late Timothy Leary gave LSD its fame after being kicked out from Harvard University for using students and other volunteers to study the effects of LSD on the brain. He later became an advocate of the drug, promoting its “mind expanding qualities.” LSD as a cultural phenomenon in the 1960s and 1970s has been a subject for much literature, such as Tom Wolfe's “The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test”.

During the late 1960’s and early 1970’s, the drug culture adopted LSD as the “psychedelic” drug of choice. The infatuation with LSD lasted for a number of years until considerable negative publicity emerged on “bad trips” -- psychotic psychological traumas associated with the LSD high -- and “flashbacks”, uncontrollable recurring experiences. As a result of these revelations and effective drug law enforcement efforts, LSD dramatically decreased in popularity in the mid-1970’s. Scientific study of LSD ceased around 1980 as research funding declined.
Additionally, LSD25 was investigated by both US and Soviet military in the 50's and early 60's for possible use as an "incapacitative agent" against enemy forces. LSD25 could be added to water or food supplies. Although it would incapacitate folks, the results were unpredictable.

Hardly the "item of choice" for someone who is trying to control a 2500+ pound vehicle at rapidly increasing velocities, navigating unexpected course corrections!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, gotta a question, how do you post 2 quotes in one Repley?
Limited Slip Diff., LOL :D

Anthony

·
Registered
296 Posts
Simple HTML code... use the "quote" tags, e.g.,
[ quote ] (no spaces between brackets and the word 'quote') to start the quote, and then [ /quote ] (again, no spaces) to end the quote.

·
Registered
52 Posts
? does the 05 redline have an LSD? and what is the exhaust diameter and company that makes it? the sales rep wasn't quite sure

·
Registered
109 Posts
junkyard said:
? does the 05 redline have an LSD? and what is the exhaust diameter and company that makes it? the sales rep wasn't quite sure
05 redlines do not come standard with LSD, supposedly soon you will be able to get LSD with a competition package...which includes the LSD (made by quaife I believe), a boost gauge and an light tach.

·
Registered
52 Posts
oh well.... it doesn't matter i still want one. and hopefully tomorrow i'll have a red one. :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
EvenStar said:
05 redlines do not come standard with LSD, supposedly soon you will be able to get LSD with a competition package...which includes the LSD (made by quaife I believe), a boost gauge and an light tach.
Saturn's website apparently shows the competition package as an available option right now (see under "Ion Quad Coupe" --> "Features & Pricing"... the Competition Package is listed at $1470)
Saturn web site said:
Competition Package
Includes: Limited slip differential, Column-mounted boost gauge with programmable performance illuminated ladder tachometer, Front fog lamps and Custom grey painted wheels with accent polished rim.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
junkyard said:
No it dosent have an LSD.

The company that makes the exhaust? Saturn I would assume. The exhaust is 2.5" all the way back until the funny shaped pipe right before the muffler. There it shrinks to 2.25". Gonna get that fixed up this weekend.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts