Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know theres alot of threads on this subject...but i want some expierienced up to date advice on what mods to do to an 05 redline. its bone stock and has 102xxx miles....i think my clutch is getting weak so i may replace that first... does anyone know a good clutch to get? would rockauto.com be a good place to get one... i only wanna get to about 300 or a little over 300whp. anyways...i want mod advice...what to do first and how to proceed from there. please be specific about what brand and type of parts and where to get them...im not retarted i work on my own cars...im just new to modding...

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I do not know how old you are or what your experience is with car forums but I am going to give you a bit of friendly advice on forum etiquette to get the best results and then I'm done in here.
  1. Don't start multiple threads asking the same question.
  2. Don't call out an entire forum for disappointing you when you are posting in 2-3 yr old for sale threads.
  3. Use the search button or Google your question and follow with "redlineforums". Almost every question you ask has already been answered in a previous thread. Read and research threads that relate to your interests. Then if you still don't know the answer, then feel free to "ask the experts"
  4. Don't put qualifications like "redline veterans only" in your thread title. There are plenty of people on here that aren't long-time members but have done the research, treated others with respect and have added to the community including utilizing ideas used on other platforms and altering them for our little plastic fantastic cars.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I do not know how old you are or what your experience is with car forums but I am going to give you a bit of friendly advice on forum etiquette to get the best results and then I'm done in here.
  1. Don't start multiple threads asking the same question.
  2. Don't call out an entire forum for disappointing you when you are posting in 2-3 yr old for sale threads.
  3. Use the search button or Google your question and follow with "redlineforums". Almost every question you ask has already been answered in a previous thread. Read and research threads that relate to your interests. Then if you still don't know the answer, then feel free to "ask the experts"
  4. Don't put qualifications like "redline veterans only" in your thread title. There are plenty of people on here that aren't long-time members but have done the research, treated others with respect and have added to the community including utilizing ideas used on other platforms and altering them for our little plastic fantastic cars.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
676 Posts
i know theres alot of threads on this subject...but i want some expierienced up to date advice on what mods to do to an 05 redline. its bone stock and has 102xxx miles....i think my clutch is getting weak so i may replace that first... does anyone know a good clutch to get? would rockauto.com be a good place to get one... i only wanna get to about 300 or a little over 300whp. anyways...i want mod advice...what to do first and how to proceed from there. please be specific about what brand and type of parts and where to get them...im not retarted i work on my own cars...im just new to modding...
Well first thing's first.

What color is it?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
If you want 300hp on the m62 you do e85, #80s, good tune, and any cooling mod you can find.

Get a TVS and same as above.

Go turbo and buy stuff.

Or get a hundred shot of NOS and blow the welds on yer intake manifold.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Well, as a Redline Elder level 4, I'd suggest a side or roof mounted JATO. You might be able to locate one at an Air Force base. Make sure to strap it on tight with at least 50 feet of flight line. They may be willing to trade for 2 or 3 gallons of prop wash.

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
300 on the 2.0 m62 has only been done by 3 people, that i know of, and only 2 are documented.

Drox covered the rest, you're not getting help from me with that attitude, please try again.

And seebs... I've been waiting so long for a rlf like button lol

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
Double post

·
Registered
37 Posts
just get a zzp stage 3 and an intake and be done with it. but if you want close to 300 or a little more get water meth injection and an aggressive tune.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Despite all the hate...I appreciate the advice. Thank you and I double posted because my phone had bad reception at the time.

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
No kidding lol.

Mattman where have you been??

·
Registered
8,454 Posts
I am still hugging men. I still got the RL. Sitting for now. I got a promotion and got moved too atlanta. They hooked me up with a new ecoboost escape so I haven't been driving the IRL.

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
I been slacking :(

·
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,890 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts