Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What RPM do you guys launch at? I launch at about 2000rpm-2500rpm to keep wheelspin down. I dont pop the clutch, I release it about half way ride it and ease into it than floor it. I cant catch traction if i launch above 2500rpm.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Same here, I basically just tap the throttle like I was downshifting, (Never above 2,500) then float the clutch and give some gas at the same time, trying to avoid as much wheel spin as possible, Until I get some motor mounts at least, axle hop it a bitch in these cars . . .

·
Registered
609 Posts
hehe... yea dont drop the clutch or you wont see good 1/4 mile et's..... I know!! lol

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Yep. The launch is damn tricky without the benefit of an LSD.

Once, I did a launch at about 3000 to 3250 rpm with no hop at all and just some wheel spin. I haven't been able to replicate the launch again though. :(

Usually, 2K is the max you can launch at without the front end hopping like a scared rabbit.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a friend with a 02 spec v and he gets mad wheel spin and hop just like our redlines. The off the line characteristics of both cars are very similiar but the only difference is that he has a Helical LSD. When i launch with his car at about 2500rpm, it's fucking great. With a clean launch it pulls close to AWD off the line. I cant wait for a LSD in my redline cause I know it's going to be similiar.

·
Registered
609 Posts
wurd :D
cant wait till we get somethin, until then im gonna grab some sticky tires to help out a bit. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts