Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what sucks, what doesnt suck, recals, tsbs, pro, cons, is your insurance expensive?... and what was your walking price?

thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Annoying rattles that come and go, clutch on the heavy side if you sit in a alot of traffic. No LSD(2004) model.

Recaros really hold you in. Car pulls nice no matter where you are in the powerband.

I think if you can find an 04 its the way to go they will take $5,000 right off the top of the sticker price. I still saved more on top of that $15,425+tax for me out the door.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hecka cool

There are a lot of pros from me, I havn't had any of the problems that a very few have had. It's fast and will only get faster. Compared to anyother sports car in its class, that insurance is extremely low. It's like 25%-30% lower than all the others, or at least the SRT-4. But then again im a 16 year old so that may change but its still low. There are a lot of pros and a few cons...buy one.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
BoostN said:
Annoying rattles that come and go, clutch on the heavy side if you sit in a alot of traffic.

You should test drive an 05, the clutch is so much improved. I test drove one and actually contemplated a trade-in........... :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
you should just buy mine. That would be your best bet.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
goofyguy said:

Ok lets see if this works, I told you it looks like your avatar!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
goofyguy said:
why are you selling it...

im gonna lease a redline for 2-3 years, as i dont trust GM's long term reliability... i can walk with a brand new redline for 175$ a month after my 4k trade in. i dont care about not modding it, the power is enough for me.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
ajnast4r said:
why are you selling it...

im gonna lease a redline for 2-3 years, as i dont trust GM's long term reliability... i can walk with a brand new redline for 175$ a month after my 4k trade in. i dont care about not modding it, the power is enough for me.

Yeah but after your 4K trade in and $175 a month you will have nothing to show for it in 2 years. I did a "smart buy" in 00 and I'll never do it again

·
Registered
44 Posts
There are always gonna be recalls on vehicles. Ford just had over 1/4 million cars on recall parts. The RL is stout, not the fastest out of box car made but will hang with alot of small time sports cars. Does not take much al all to gain major hp due to pulley swap on the s/c. There are some rattles, me personally, I have the music up along w/ my sub and the windows down when I drive. So noise isn't an issue with me. Recaro seats are a plus. Not every sports car have good race seats. They hold you in the seat good. I haven't ran top speed, however, I have made it to 150mph. Me personally, I don't like how short the rpms are in 1st - 2nd. But the car is still very responcive and quick. I give it a AAA+ for a quick car at 22K.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts