Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What The F**k! Tranny Problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey RL-ers,

I got into my car after work and i warm it up. I take off, everything is going fine. I get to the line, take off in 1st shift to 2nd and my car goes VROOOOM all the way to 6k and falls all the way to 200-400rpm almost dying out in motion for about 2-3 seconds. BTW I am positive i was in gear. It happened twice to me in a row one after another. The second time was alittle bit different than the second, once it dropped to 200-400rpm I gased it and it revved all the way to 4k-5k but NOTHING. I took it out of gear and put it in neutral and the rpm's went back to idle, I put it in 2nd going about 10mph or less and it was fine agian. Also after this happened I noticed a whistling noise coming from where I dont know. It kinda sounds like a small exhaust leak but the noise only comes on once you decelerate in gear or out of gear. I dont know whats going on but WHAT THE ****! I only have 1600 miles on my car and it is acting funny already. I'm already pissed at the dealer because I had to go back to the dealer 3 times already, 1. one of my interior pieces just CAME off while I was driving, 2. my car key snapped in half, so they made me a new one, 3. I guess this is half my fault but I didnt check the new key they made me on the spot cause I was using my spare and but the key didnt work when my girlfriend tried to go into my car to get something. Can anyone tell me what the problem could be with my car?! I will be bringing it back to the dealer on monday because I need it till then. But guys post with your thoughts! thanks!

By the way, please dont post saying " learn how to drift stick " because I know how to drive, i've owned 4 cars all stick shift. Thanks agian guys! :confused:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I've heard of one other redline doing something similair.

I'm probably about to get a new tranny because of a leak problem. I have several threads about it here.

I'd say call up Saturn Corporate bitch about it before you take it to the dealer. I doubt they'll give you a new car because you're over the 1500 mile limit. :rolleyes:

Just take it in and let them look at it. If they say it's your tranny then tell them you want a new one. That's what I told them but they wouldn't give me one. Now, after several trips back for the same problem, they are finally looking into a new tranny.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey JPK, I have read all your post about your tranny problems. That's what is scarying me, so you've heard of my problem? Is the person with the problem on this board? I'm freaking out i'm going to go out and drive now to see if i can reproduce the problem. It's getting late, i have work real early in the morning but I dont care!!!!!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Oops. Sorry dude. I didn't realize that YOU were the guy who PM'd about this problem. :p

So far, you and I are the only ones I have heard of with tranny problems. Granted, mine is just a leak and yours sounds major.

I'm going back to the dealer tomorrow. They put some dye in my tranny fluid and oil and will use a black light to determine EXACTLY where it's coming from. More than likely, I'll be getting a new tranny. I'll post and let you guys know what happens.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Take it to the dealer and have them check it out before you go bitching to Saturn corp. Could be a fluke thing or some sensor. Have them look at it first. I'm so glad my car has been trouble free...

Tom

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh my god, that little compartment near my steering wheel fell off today. I'm getting really irritated about my car!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tranny Probs

I work in a Saturn Parts Department and I can honestly say that I havent had one single Redline come through our shop with tranny problems. In fact, I usually take a Redline to the local hangout spot every Wednesday and have not experienced any problems with the drivabiltiy whatsoever. My guess is that your vehicle is going into what we would call a "limp" mode. There could be a sensor which is causing your vehicle to experience these drivabilty problems. I will keep you guys updated if I hear anything otherwise.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
dL_RL said:
Oh my god, that little compartment near my steering wheel fell off today. I'm getting really irritated about my car!!!!!!
your parents must have bought your car, i see no maturity in you to understand how you could afford it otherwise.

and FYI, that part is SUPPOSED to come out...

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, well i didnt know that it should come off. My mistake, i'm just alittle freaked. Sorry that I jumped to conclusions that it's automatically broken. No, my parents didn't buy me the car. I bought the car w/ my own credit (and pay up the a** for it). I pay for the monthly payments and insurance. I am young, 20 years old.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wait, no not the rubber compartment with that little slip in thing. The compartment under it. The rubber thing is suppose to come out, i know that much. The little compartment with a door that you pull down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts