Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im new here as you can probably tell by my whopping post count. I hadnt even heard of the redline until a couple days ago... when i saw it for the first time, i fell in love.

Currently I have a 95 ranger that the clutch is about to go out on so i figured thats a perfect excuse to get one, hehe. So i went to a satrun dealership and the redline just caught my eye, its the ONLY car (barring some classics) that has ever done so to that extent. I got to take it for a test drive and it was pure bliss.

Anywhoo, on to the reason for the post.... I need some advice. I want to by a RL, and retail is around 21500. I get a gm supplier discount so I can get one for about 20200. With the current rebates of 3750, that drops it down to roughly 16500. Plus TTL of course. And i want the aerowing spoiler so chop on another 500.

So 17500, plus ttl. Is this a good deal? No dealerships in my area have 2005s yet, so I would be getting a 2004, but i would rather have a 2005 and not deal with the "1st line kinks" that affect new cars. So i guess im asking if I should just go ahead and get it at this price, or should I wait for the 2005s and hope some better rebates come along. My truck doesnt have much longer to live, hehe.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The 05's will have more goodies as far as options! :D
LSD,Boost gauge, and some other crap. All i care about is the lsd.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
also, the '05 is "supposedly" tuned better, and i say that because i havent driven one yet

·
Registered
524 Posts
Get an '04 for the money. Seriously, the new configuration of the '05 ECU is not that big of a deal. You can have your '04 configured to it...

Tom

·
Registered
87 Posts
Where did you guys find out this info that the 05 is tuned better? I haven't read anything like that yet? They havequite a few 05's at my dealership. I might have to take one for a test drive.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I have driven an 05, it was exactly the same. It had no lsd and no boost guage. The one I drove was exactly the same as my 04.

·
Registered
609 Posts
No no.. The lsd and boost gauge will be in the competition pkg when its available some time next year. Wont be stock on a 05.

·
Registered
105 Posts
GM will do tha same thing I think Dodge did with the SRT-4. 2005/06 will have 210-225HP(I'm guessing). What did/will they do?....NOTHING. Just use more accurate numbers.

I know Dodge did add the LSD for the newer SRT's.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I still don't understand that if they wanted to compete with the SRT4 (at least that's what all the talk is about), why didn't they make it comprable to the current edition? They saw that Dodge made the LSD available afterwards, why not offer that out of the gate?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts