Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I'm wondering what everyone uses to clean the inside of their windows. I've used Windex before, but it seems that it can cause the windows to fog up when the sun hits it at the right angle. Is there something I can use that won't cause the windows to fog up?

· Registered
6,705 Posts
Surprisingly the last time I did mine. i didnt have anything but my shammy. I washed the car dried it and wringed it as dry as i could then wiped my windows and surprisingly they came out pretty damn good.

· ....Just A Saturn My Ass
1,222 Posts
As the title says, I'm wondering what everyone uses to clean the inside of their windows. I've used Windex before, but it seems that it can cause the windows to fog up when the sun hits it at the right angle. Is there something I can use that won't cause the windows to fog up?
I normally use Invisible spray glass cleaner, made by Stoner. If not I use just any glass cleaner that is tint friendly, Not trying to sound like a ass in any way but the biggest problem some people have with cleaning windows is they will spray the window and use one piece of paper-towel to scrub it clean AND to dry it. I find spraying it and having two things on paper-towel ready.. 1 to scrub it clean and a 100% dry one to wipe it dry. After that its perfect :) no haze etc.

· Registered
4,362 Posts

· Registered
346 Posts

· Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· Registered
2,030 Posts
Just a quick bump for this thread, but RainX has an interior glass cleaner at Walmart. As of right now it works pretty well. You just need a clean microfiber cloth to really work the stuff in or else its gonna streak like a motherfucker.

· Registered
9,397 Posts
haven't tried the rain-x glass cleaner, but i do like their exterior glass water repellent and i think their wipers were pretty highly rated.

· Registered
2,030 Posts
haven't tried the rain-x glass cleaner, but i do like their exterior glass water repellent and i think their wipers were pretty highly rated.
I've personally used both. The exterior water repellent works like a dream, but I bought a set of their wipers and they were streaky right out of the box from day 1. I ended up getting Bosch blades instead and they work much better. Only thing is that they sorta "dance around" after alittle while when you use them.

· Registered
44 Posts
I want to present some facts about Glass Cleaners that will help you to selecting the right one:
Many glass cleaners contain ammonia, which is a great grease cutter but has some significant disadvantages when it comes to cars. Ammonia can release dangerous fumes that should not be inhaled, especially in enclosed areas like the inside of your vehicle. Chemically, ammonia acts to dry out plastic, rubber, vinyl, and leather.
Most significantly, in sunnier climates, car owners often customize with additional non-factory tinting. Ammonia based cleaners cannot be used on tinted windows. If your current cleaner does not state “ammonia-free” or “safe for tinted windows” you should find another cleaner.

· Registered
7 Posts
I normally use Invisible spray glass cleaner, made by Stoner. If not I use just any glass cleaner that is tint friendly, Not trying to sound like a ass in any way but the biggest problem some people have with cleaning windows is they will spray the window and use one piece of paper-towel to scrub it clean AND to dry it. I find spraying it and having two things on paper-towel ready.. 1 to scrub it clean and a 100% dry one to wipe it dry. After that its perfect :) no haze etc.

Haven't tried this Stoner yet. Thanks for sharing. Would you know a good leather stain remover too? There's this stain in my car seat that I couldn't remove. It's pissing me off! LOL

· Banned
17 Posts
A little DIY trick I learned from my good friend Dwain Berlin with Leather Craft Secrets, and you go to your bread box in the kitchen for this one. Take a piece of bread and roll it up into a ball and rub and blot the area with the bread ball, works pretty good. Dwain has a lot of great advice for leather care, and if your interested in some great fun with leather go check out his book, it's quite impressive and I myself learned a few things.

· Registered
650 Posts
invisible glass and newspaper

· Premium Member
2,316 Posts
A little DIY trick I learned from my good friend Dwain Berlin with Leather Craft Secrets, and you go to your bread box in the kitchen for this one. Take a piece of bread and roll it up into a ball and rub and blot the area with the bread ball, works pretty good. Dwain has a lot of great advice for leather care, and if your interested in some great fun with leather go check out his book, it's quite impressive and I myself learned a few things.
clean your car with Bread???? :pimp:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.