Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,452 Posts
You can use 87 octane but the car will make less power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
762 Posts
LoL DO NOT USE 87, I recommend using atleast 93 if you have to maybe 91 but no way 87 I only EVER use 93 or 94 when I am at a station that has it :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does it hurt the motor in any way i herd of some people running higher octain and it hurt there motor or is it not like this i a forced incucted motor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
This engine was built to run the higher octane fuel. It won't hurt a thing.

Also, I won't use cheap ass, no name gas that you find at the mom and pop convenience stores either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
I've used 93 octane since the first tank.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
fastimportracer said:
does it hurt the motor in any way i herd of some people running higher octain and it hurt there motor or is it not like this i a forced incucted motor
The higher octane should not hurt the motor at all. I ran 93 octane in my Cavalier since day one (I thought it ran better). I've had it for almost 14 years and 240,000 miles and not a single engine problem ever.

I would expect the opposite to be true, however. Running lower octane fuel in a performance engine could actually be harmful (my opinion).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,787 Posts
I normally use 89 octane and I haven't had a problem. My province only sells 97, 89 and 91. Good `Ol Canadian Grade gas!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
XeroState said:
I normally use 89 octane and I haven't had a problem. My province only sells 97, 89 and 91. Good `Ol Canadian Grade gas!
Man... that "97 octane" must be aviation grade (prop job) gasoline!
:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
jmichna said:
Man... that "97 octane" must be aviation grade (prop job) gasoline!
:eek:
Not sure if you're being sacastic. I think he meant 87. In Torotno we get 87, 89, 91. Only Sunoco offers a 94.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,135 Posts
i use nothing below 92. 93 or 94 if they have it but if the place only sells 92, thats alrite too.

i filled up with 87 my first time and it made a difference, i was way too used to filling up my sc2, wasnt even thinking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
geokots said:
Not sure if you're being sacastic. I think he meant 87. In Torotno we get 87, 89, 91. Only Sunoco offers a 94.
"Sarcastic" is much too strong of a word... I was simply poking a bit of fun at a neighbor to the north, in good nature. BTW, where is "Torotno"... is that in Ontario?
;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
jmichna said:
"Sarcastic" is much too strong of a word... I was simply poking a bit of fun at a neighbor to the north, in good nature. BTW, where is "Torotno"... is that in Ontario?
;)
Thanks for pointing out my bad typing skills. Yes Toronto in in Ontario. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
geokots said:
Thanks for pointing out my bad typing skills. Yes Toronto in in Ontario. ;)
I've only been to the Toronto area once, and southern Ontario a few times. I've traveled northern Ontario quite a bit, spending many years vacationing NE of Nipigon, between Beardmore and Geraldton. Fished Onaman Lake for about twenty years. Have friends in McDiarmid, Beardmore and Jelicoe... my wife and I have even been to Moosonee and Moose Factory Island (Polar Bear Express out of Iroquois Falls/Cochrane). Beautiful bush country!

PS: Is the mosquito the official provincial bird of all Ontario, or just Northern Ontario?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
Beautiful country up there. Sounds like you've seen more of nothern Ontario than I have. I do most of my fishing/camping in the Kawarthas (Buckhorn lake area), a couple hours North East of Toronto.

No the Mosquito is the official bird of just northern Ontario. Southern Ontario it's not too bad. Watch out for thos black flies in a few weeks... they'll bleed you dry ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
I thougt Toronto was a territory of Michigan. Detroiters only want it for the lowered drinking age anyway. Oh and the hot dog venders in the bar district.

On to Gas, WTF, $2.40 yesterday for 93. This is out of control.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
dipolley said:
I thougt Toronto was a territory of Michigan. Detroiters only want it for the lowered drinking age anyway. Oh and the hot dog venders in the bar district....
You may be confusing Toronto with Windsor... Detroiters (and other business/tourist types) have more interests in Ontario (Windsor) than just the drinking age and hot dogs... attractions such as Jason's, the Millionaires Club, and other such "ballet" spots. Plus, Canadian beers are pretty good (Blue, OV, 50/50, etc.)
;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
dipolley said:
I thougt Toronto was a territory of Michigan. Detroiters only want it for the lowered drinking age anyway. Oh and the hot dog venders in the bar district.

On to Gas, WTF, $2.40 yesterday for 93. This is out of control.
It will be over $3.00 by the end of Summer :eek:
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top