Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would 1 step colder plug be? The stock plug is a NGK pfr6t10g. The NGK website says a standard copper replacement for the redline is BKR6ES so do I need bkr5es then?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
clownhair said:
what would 1 step colder plug be? The stock plug is a NGK pfr6t10g. The NGK website says a standard copper replacement for the redline is BKR6ES so do I need bkr5es then?
Sounds right but if you go to a good parts store they should have a ngk book behind the counter and it will show the designator breakdown.

·
Registered
629 Posts
thanks thats a good thing to know............

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sinister redlines said:
Sounds right but if you go to a good parts store they should have a ngk book behind the counter and it will show the designator breakdown.
heh good parts stores don't exist around here :p

·
Registered
629 Posts
its like going to pep boy s = no help with shit lazy bastards.......................

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I was just at my parts store ( I worked there ten years ago in high school ) and your cross is right but they are an oddball plug so more than likely you will have to speacial order them but they do exist. (BKR5ES)

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
if BKR5ES is the correct part # than the denso IK-16 would be the iridium version in stock heat range, the next cooler heat range would be IK-20.

hope this helps,

mark

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
clownhair said:
clownhair, I would recommend removing the stock
Platinum Sparkplugs and installing a set of the NGK V-Groove BKR7E Copper Sparkplug which is one range colder and instead of using the stock .040 gap, I would regap the new plugs at .035.

Hope this helps, as not only will you have lower cylinder temps, but this plug will also help in eliminating any excessive knock retard at wide open throttle.

Forced Air Induction Engines "Do Not" like the excessive heat increases that Platinum or Iridium Type Sparkplugs create with running higher boost levels.

99% of all Supercharged Engine Enthusiast run a Colder Copper Core, Copper Tipped Sparkplug to enhance the engines performance at wide open throttle.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SFPH said:
clownhair, I would recommend removing the stock
Platinum Sparkplugs and installing a set of the NGK V-Groove BKR5E Copper Sparkplug which is one range colder and instead of using the stock .040 gap, I would regap the new plugs at .035.

Hope this helps, as not only will you have lower cylinder temps, but this plug will also help in eliminating any excessive knock retard at wide open throttle.

Forced Air Induction Engines "Do Not" like the excessive heat increases that Platinum or Iridium Type Sparkplugs create with running higher boost levels.

99% of all Supercharged Engine Enthusiast run a Colder Copper Core, Copper Tipped Sparkplug to enhance the engines performance at wide open throttle.
I just looked it up, seems NGKs run backwards so the colder plug is going to be a 7

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
clownhair said:
I just looked it up, seems NGKs run backwards so the colder plug is going to be a 7
You are correct. The sparkplug in a V-Groove Copper Tipped would be a ( NGK V-Groove BKR7E )

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Ya, I double checked and yes I am retarded it is backwards on the ngk's sorry.

·
Registered
162 Posts
SFPH said:
You are correct. The sparkplug in a V-Groove Copper Tipped would be a ( NGK V-Groove BKR7E )
Hmm this is weird, I just picked up a set of (BKR7E)'s "V-Power" and they dont look very copper to me... Plus the stock gap appears to be .035 already... Do I not have the right plug?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts