Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here - I couldn't figure out what a "Competition Package" consists of in the Redline.

Any help appreciatiated - I didn't see anything about it on the Saturn site..

Thanks,

Lin

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
The comp package is an option to upgrade the RL's. The package consists of a Quiafe Limited Slip Differential, different gun metal colored rims with the chrome lip, and a boost guage/ladder tachometer (similar to staging lights at a drag strip) mounted onto the steering column. Hope that helps clear things up a bit, and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
You forgot fog lights, the other visual distinction to comp. package redlines. I thought Saturn's website did have it listed though . . . Either way, I'm pretty sure 90% of us wish we had it, if not just for the Quaife.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blue04RedLine said:
The comp package is an option to upgrade the RL's. The package consists of a Quiafe Limited Slip Differential, different gun metal colored rims with the chrome lip, and a boost guage/ladder tachometer (similar to staging lights at a drag strip) mounted onto the steering column. Hope that helps clear things up a bit, and welcome to the site.
Thank's much - that helps! Is that a dealer installed upgrade or can you order the Redline that way? My dealer seems to not know anything about it...

Have an 05 RL ordered and will likely do some minor upgrades to get it to somewhere around 260 hp to get around 11.2 lbs per hp. I build & drive supercharged mustangs but my wife needs a daily driver to replace our 03 ION 1 which just turned 33K miles. We test drove a stock Redline and it seems really nice (love the seats - the seats in the 03 ION suck!) with performance similar to our stock 02 Subaru WRX (227 hp). The Subaru only has 10K miles and will be traded before too long for an 05 or 06 STI.

I like the tranny on the Redline better than the close ratio on my WRX - it's got a more positive feel and the overall torque curve is better without turbo lag like my WRX. I've been really impressed with the 03 ION 1 except for the very uncomfortable seats (I'm too old for the back pain :))

Best regards and thanks again for the info on the comp. package

Lin

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Ah yes, the one makor visual difference I want, I forgot to mention. It comes with projector beam for lights. If you have not gotten the 05 yet, and would like to get the 06 with comp package, I would reccommend that, if not simply for the LSD. To put the LSD in aftermarket is going to cost you like $2200-2500 when/IF you can get it done aftermarket. If you have the extra money to spend on the package, and can get it, I along with many others I'm sure, would reccommend getting it. :)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
You can get some amazing deals if you wait till the end of the year. I highly doubt that a comp package would ever be on clearance at a dealership though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts