Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have an 05 rsx-s but my girl friend is getting an ion redline in the next couple weeks, just wanted to know is there any members from st.louis missouri and to let ya know another redline is comin around

·
Registered
754 Posts
rsxtype-s55 said:
hey i have an 05 rsx-s but my girl friend is getting an ion redline in the next couple weeks, just wanted to know is there any members from st.louis missouri and to let ya know another redline is comin around
Well can you tell from my avatar and yes there are a few.Welcome to the redline forum. :)By the way what dealer did she purchase it from?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ha ha ha already dicussed that one,...im pretty sure uve been having troubles beating the 02-04 models but the 05 rsx puts at least 2 cars on the older ones sooo well find out and i've already beat an ion redline,...but it was an 04

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Ok, lets not get into this too bad, but in all honesty, beating the 02-04s is not hard. The Ion is putting out more than they say, good choice on her car there. Of course we're going to claim our's is faster when they're so close, pay no attention to us. I'm looking for a new one to run, same horsepower, similar gearing, it's a fine driver's race right there...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow is it just me or is everyone on this site got something bad quoted about hondas lol i guess cause they have no torque but i dont either but for some reason my car is just as fast hmmmm

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Most of us were plauged by Honda Civic's, at least I was when I owned my last Saturn...

·
Registered
754 Posts
rsxtype-s55 said:
wow is it just me or is everyone on this site got something bad quoted about hondas lol i guess cause they have no torque but i dont either but for some reason my car is just as fast hmmmm

RSX is a great looking car and quick.Sometimes we get into "mine is better than yours" so dont take it personally.Most of us bought the RL because of what you get for the price.IMO if the RSX was the same price as the RL we would all be in the RSX forum.I am still impressed with my RL though.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Yea, that's the difference right there, I paid $18,000 after taxes for the Redline, sticker was $23k.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
They've been offering great incentives on the Ion Redline. Sometimes a slow selling model is a gift to those of us that like 'em!

·
Registered
416 Posts
rsxtype-s55 said:
ha ha ha already dicussed that one,...im pretty sure uve been having troubles beating the 02-04 models but the 05 rsx puts at least 2 cars on the older ones sooo well find out and i've already beat an ion redline,...but it was an 04
When I was looking to buy a new car one of the cars I seriously considered was an 04 RSX-S. Trust me, the redline is faster (otherwise I probably would have bought the RSX-S). I love your car, but it has zero power until like 7k rpms.

And an 05 isn't going to pull two car lengths on an 04. it only has like 10 more horsepower.

Sometimes I wish I had gone with the RSX though since the resale value on those is awesome. But I guess most of us redline owners made up for that since we all paid like 6k less than sticker.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
no i did pull 2 cars on an 04 its not just horsepower that makes u fast....the 05s have been given the type-r final drive which makes smoother power everywhere and i dont have lots of power untill 5800rpms but how long does it take me to rev to that in first gear not even a half of a second after that all shifts land past that, the thing is with this new set up slightly expierience drivers are hitting 14.6 in it which isnt far off an rl,...its a drivers race

whats even nicer on th 05 is the type-r cams so any mods i do are gonna create way more horse power than the older ones....with just intake and a header 05s are seeing 210 horse power to the wheels and thats good for high 13s

·
Registered
617 Posts
I may be runnin a stock 05 tomorrow night if he shows up to our thursday night meets. Only thing done to my car is factory ECU Flash and $24.99 Intake mod.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
I've raced an 03 RSX-S with Intake and Exhaust and it was a dead even race. Of course he was alone and I had a little 120lb friend.

·
Registered
595 Posts
RSX-Type S isnt that bad but an Redline shouldnt have a problem beating an 03/04 model at all. Best i seen a stocker run is 15.2 at the track. I ran my friends at work, prolly about 1/8 mile from a dead stop 4 times. This was before my cams and my car was running 15.0 flat. (i had added the FIPK since i had ran that 15.0 but it was still before the cams) Anyways i got like 3/4 cars on him everytime and it just stayed there. With the redlines most of them running 14.6 they should be able to easly beat a pre 05 model. But u are right on one thing, it doesnt matter if it only has 10 more horses, its all about the horsepower/torque curve not just peak horses. They may have done a better job at using the horsepower given to u now. Thats why a 2001 Bullitt Mustang is only rated 5 more horses then a 2001 GT but it will still win about 3 to 4 tenths faster because the whole curve is alot better.

·
Registered
239 Posts
<---- St. Louis Ion Redline
Buddy has an '03 RSX-S. It's got so much done to it, though. He's trading it in this fall for an Evo 9.

·
Registered
754 Posts
slt said:
<---- St. Louis Ion Redline
Buddy has an '03 RSX-S. It's got so much done to it, though. He's trading it in this fall for an Evo 9.

Maybe all us RL owners should meet at creve couer park one day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ill show up to run one.....i test drove it yesterday and pulled a fatty second gear scratch with dealer in the car it pulls but not as hard as i thot it would well just have to see i didnt get to open her up all of the way

1 - 20 of 23 Posts