Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the bolt pattern was for the ion redline. Some one told me it was 5x110 with a 42mm offset and I was wondering if this is true. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
NiGhTFiRe said:
I was wondering what the bolt pattern was for the ion redline. Some one told me it was 5x110 with a 42mm offset and I was wondering if this is true. Thanks.

Yes, this is true. It uses the same lug pattern as an L-Series 5x110 and I do believe the offset is 42mm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
scooter said:
Yes, this is true. It uses the same lug pattern as an L-Series 5x110 and I do believe the offset is 42mm.
.....YES, SCOOTER IS RIGHT....FOR SURE PER SATURN FACTORY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good rims are hard to find for that bolt pattern :( . i know tsw, antera, rage make rims for this bolt pattern but does anyone know of any other companies that also do. thanks for your help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
This is a european lug pattern (Opel), so, uhmmm. I would check www.tirerack.com and look for L-Series wheels and see if ya like anything there. In time there will be more choices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Ronal makes some sweet rims, they are sponsoring our SEMA show Redline. Check them out: www.ronalusa.com They test fit 5x110 with 42mm offset and worked great, they are being painted right now!!! Most of their rims can be custom painted to look sweet. If you are at the SEMA show, let me know what you think of our ride, it is the Pioneer Electronics feature vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Yes, Ronal offers our size wheels. I just ordered a winter wheel/tire package from them. I probably would have gone with steelies, but couldn't find those for the Redline anywhere. At least my car will be looking sweet in the winter even with snows on. I didn't want to buy the tires seperately because I want to be able to swap them aback and forth depending on the type of winter we have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Gary,

Which Ronal Wheel and Tires did you order? I emailed them about the R38s with HanKooks but I have not heard back. Did the hub size fit correctly as well as the bolt pattern?

Thanks for your time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Mjr_Havok said:
Gary,

Which Ronal Wheel and Tires did you order? I emailed them about the R38s with HanKooks but I have not heard back. Did the hub size fit correctly as well as the bolt pattern?

Thanks for your time.
My order has shipped, and I will likely be getting it the middle of next week. I will let you know how the fit is. I got the R28's with Nokian WR's which is an All-Season tire with winter bias. I've read good things about the Nokian WR's, and will soon see whether they are worth it. If you give them a call and ask for Gary Allison (that's who helped me), you might have better luck. I think they took a day or two to reply back by email when I initially contacted them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
positive side

look on the positive side
since there are not many cars on the market that can fit the RL wheels we have wheels that are Virtually theft proof.
we don't need wheel locks that's for sure.
another point for buying a Saturn RL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Gary Perez said:
Yes, Ronal offers our size wheels. I just ordered a winter wheel/tire package from them. I probably would have gone with steelies, but couldn't find those for the Redline anywhere. At least my car will be looking sweet in the winter even with snows on. I didn't want to buy the tires seperately because I want to be able to swap them aback and forth depending on the type of winter we have.
wow Gary you really are taking this wheel thing seriously.
i think you are the only RL owner with two sets of wheel tire combos
must be nice, you must have a lot worse winters in the section of NY you are in.
the winters can be bad down state i think the RL tires will be ok here.
what did you have to pay for another set of wheel/tires $1,000?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I live in Iowa and I am getting a second set of wheels and dedicated winter tires as well. I look at as just a cost of having a perfomance care in the snow belt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
motorheadkev said:
wow Gary you really are taking this wheel thing seriously.
i think you are the only RL owner with two sets of wheel tire combos
must be nice, you must have a lot worse winters in the section of NY you are in.
the winters can be bad down state i think the RL tires will be ok here.
what did you have to pay for another set of wheel/tires $1,000?
As a matter of fact, they cost just shy of $1,000 before shipping for the tire and wheel set. The stock tires are for dry and wet roads only. If you drive them in the slightest bit of snow, you will probably see what I mean. Of course if you don't take the car out in the snow, that works too, but I will likely have to drive in at least a few days of snow this winter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah My friend solve my wheel problem. He called Axis and Racing Hart so whatever rims I want from either of the two companies they will send him the rims undrilled and his company is going to drill them to my car specifications. Does anyone know how much the stock rims weigh or where I can find the information? Thanks all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
I'm so glad my car will never see snow and barely any rain, lol. I actually bought my RL so I can store my other ride during the summer and take it out in the winter when the weather is great...

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Just an FYI.

For those that are thinking of going down a size, like 16", it may scrape against the strut. I wanted to get rims for a winter set, but 16" might not clear. I will post more information as I get it, because I still need to confirm there wasn't a mess up on the offset that is causing the problem. But for now, unless someone has a working set of 16" rims on their RL, I don't think these will work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
What I am told is that if we go down a wheel size then we have to change the offset from 42mm to 35mm in order to clear the strut tower. Attached is a picture of a 16" rim from the inside with 42mm offset mounted. As you can see, this does not clear the strut tower.
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top