Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried complaining about wheel hop issue? Clearly it shouldn't happen on the car stock, but has anyone had success getting the service department to offer a solution?

After getting the recent sofware update (which ROCKS by the way) I've been more inclined to "get on it" and occasionally get the hopping we've all come to hate.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Dont spin the tires? might help.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah, no offense. But complaining about the wheel hop won't do anything. That is a driver induced problem. Dealer won't care. If you want a smooth start, don't lean on it as hard.

If you want to get rid of the hop, purchase a really good set of struts with stiff rebound settings (which don't exist yet, otherwise I'd have 'em). :mad:

·
Registered
683 Posts
I had a 99 cougar, It was halarious, when ever I would launch it would hop SO friggen bad the vent diffuser for the windshield ( about 4 feet long/ 4" wide and grated ) would pop out of the dash and it would end up in my lap after every race. I would stop, put my vent in, and go line up again. At least this is not that bad, but it does need work.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
got a working one now. Have a local shop creating the design for more long term strength thicker steel. I was going to start a buy in on them but I dont want to have people bothering me till Im ready to ship.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
goofyguy said:
got a working one now. Have a local shop creating the design for more long term strength thicker steel. I was going to start a buy in on them but I dont want to have people bothering me till Im ready to ship.
Have you tested the preliminary one out yet to see any improvements? Didn't mean to bug you, just wanted to know what the current situation is..

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
currently we are thinking that one will be huge improvment. I got no hop at all on dry ground. Had a little burp in the rain but we will see. We may add an extra shock in the other direction to use 2 and see if that will completly work. The price shouldnt be any more than 175 shipped with all the needed parts and video for install. The shop has a decent welder where mine sucks so we will see. They also look kinda cool if you point them out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts