Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure everyone has the same wheel hop problem as I do. Does anyone have any suggestions to limit this.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I had a SRT-4 before this and I used those motor mount inserts (fit in the gaps and made it basically a solid unit) and it eliminated the problem, untill I broke 2 of the bolds holding the motor down, but what can you do, but while it was attached it worked like a champ.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Are you sure there's no other way to lessen the wheel hop?? This is my first front-driver, so this might just be ignorance, but I always used traction bars on my hopped-up S-10 w/305sb. Is there any such device that could be used in a front drive application??? :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
you can order one now and they will ship it as soon as they stock them. Mines on back order already

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
do it myself no DAMN way. I have a freind whos gonna do it for 100 bucks. Saturn quoted me over 1000 to do it screw them. quaife you have to call to get the part #

·
Registered
416 Posts
goofyguy said:
do it myself no DAMN way. I have a freind whos gonna do it for 100 bucks. Saturn quoted me over 1000 to do it screw them. quaife you have to call to get the part #
The LSD will make more of a difference on turns as opposed to straight line acceleration. And you never want to do the LSD yourself unless you are a real mechanic. And you are putting your friend over a barrel with the $100 install. He'll make like 10 bucks an hour. And by the way, if he screws up, what is your recourse? That is a very expensive and complicated install/repair--I wouldn't want uncle joe in overalls doing it.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
thanks for not having any faith in the society. He is the manager of a tires plus repair shop. Hes a friend of may years and he is the recourse of failure it fails tiresplus will pick up the bill. He would do it for free but he need to make an invoice for it so itll be tiresplus responseability.

·
Registered
416 Posts
goofyguy said:
thanks for not having any faith in the society. He is the manager of a tires plus repair shop. Hes a friend of may years and he is the recourse of failure it fails tiresplus will pick up the bill. He would do it for free but he need to make an invoice for it so itll be tiresplus responseability.
I'm just looking out for you man. I'm always looking for the "deep pocket" to go after. . .

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
gotcha he has done work on all my vehicles my s-10 and so on. He does good werk

·
Registered
291 Posts
do you think installing a lsd whould cost about the same as installing a clutch because theres a tranny shop by my house that replace the clutch in my old car for 500 bucks and thats with the clutch included

·
Registered
187 Posts
You know, this is all and good, but for me on a college budget? What am I looking at for a LSD??? Price that is...and is there any alternative to a heavy mod like a diff. swap?? :confused:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts