Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if thats what its called i keep forgeting anyways one mine is strippid and wont hold a lug so i need a new one. does anyone know where i can get one link please? front left wheel if it matters

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
wheel stud. any auto parts store should have them.

...how did you strip it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats it lol are they all the same or different sizes or thread pattern. well ive had like 5 flat tires in the last year and at some point a lugs not got misplaced and never found, i just got a new set of lugs and realized the new lug wouldnt sit flush like the other ones and saw it was fucked lol

·
whore whore whore whore
9,037 Posts
just go to napa/autozone/advanceauto/o'rielly's, etc

tell them u need a wheel stud for an 200x Ion Redline... it'll be like 53 cents

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
i can't stress enough the importance of having proper hardware when it comes to attaching your wheels to your car. make sure you have the right studs and nuts, and TORQUE them with a torque wrench, NOT by hand.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Ouch! That makes for a bad day.

Seriously, the front wheel almost fell off my sons Highlander a month ago. We must not have torqued that wheel properly. And I do use a torque wrench! Must have missed it somehow. Anyway, 4 of the 5 lugs were sheared off and the last one was bent.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks alot. I also need a new dash instrument panel/ gauge box in the middle. Long story any leads?

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
you can get them on ebay for a decent price, pm me if you do get one so i can help you in getting the replacement to display your cars mileage

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Ouch! That makes for a bad day.

Seriously, the front wheel almost fell off my sons Highlander a month ago. We must not have torqued that wheel properly. And I do use a torque wrench! Must have missed it somehow. Anyway, 4 of the 5 lugs were sheared off and the last one was bent.
It happens. If I am working on my own car in my driveway with a jack, I like to torque the wheels, go for a ride, then retorque the wheels once the wheels and brakes have cooled off.

I've also found my lugnuts loose in between track sessions, so don't forget to torque them before you go back out!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts