Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a dumb question, as ive never did anything involving painted wheels, but whats the best way to remove paint/plastidip without damaging the actual finish underneath?

Premium Member
I guess you want to restore the wheels - if it is possible to do so then you may also find damage to the original finish.

Possibly the reason for them painting them . They used to sell brand new IRL wheels a couple years ago. Might be an option or get some used ones in good shape.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess you want to restore the wheels - if it is possible to do so then you may also find damage to the original finish.

Possibly the reason for them painting them . They used to sell brand new IRL wheels a couple years ago. Might be an option or get some used ones in good shape.
Some paint has cracked off and exposed some finish on one of the wheels, the finish looked fine in that one spot but of course aint going to be able to tell if they are bad or not. Its also hard to find some nice in-shape wheels around my area, but im possibly just going to go that route anyway.

Super Moderator
I think I had to use the orange citrus paint remover to get the plasti dip off my wheels as it wasnt done correctly by the previous owner. That and a pressure washer. It was a terrible time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts