Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this was not a fun time on Gratiot on Saturday (Michiganders know what I mean). So I am cruising the local cruising Ave and there is this guy with a Dodge Ram 4x4 lifted a good foot with huge ass tires. Load exhaust too. You know when he hits the gas. Let's not forget the CB anteanna and the yellow woopi lights. He was driving like a jerk for a while showing off with the other trucks. It was a nice truck, great for off road. Well I was trying to get around him and he kept closing the door on me and wouldn't let me pass. I figured ok, I'll just get behind him and hit the next turn around. Just get away from this *****. Well I get behind him and give it some gas to get him to move his ass, and he guns it. HARD. So hard he snapped the drive shaft right in two. Then the yoke went. All kinds of sparks and bits of metal and dirt come flying at me. All he can do is stop and he does so slowly. Just as I look to make sure I am clear to pass him on the right I turn, and the drive shaft goes flying past me. 2 seconds sooner and that would have been my grill or my chest. How the shaft came completely off I have no idea. Maybe it got caght in a pot hole and snapped it. we were doing about 50mph when this happened. But damn, that will make you say your prayers.

All in all I have a couple of very minor chips on my hood. Nothing that won't buff out or can't be filled with color match wax. No worries there. The 4x4 has a good $4k worth of work to it. Should have let me pass him when he had the chance. Karma is a bitch.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Well, glad to hear nothing serious happened to you or your car cause that could of ended badly for you. And yes, Karma is a bitch, especisally when it hits them when they lest expect it.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I've had a couple bad experiences with fucking truckers. With a bad driver, one of those things is like a 3000+ lb missile.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Some truckers are nice and others, as you pointed out, can be complete assholes (woohoo for the 1-800-xxx-xxxx how's my driving number with a cell phone :D ). It really sucks when one of those suckers blows a tire when you are about to pass them (left side tire). That'll scare ya to slow down and follow them for a while.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
You should've stopped n said, "WOW THAT WAS SO COOL. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TRASHED YOUR TRUCK TRYING TO SHOW IT OFF TO ME!" I had some idiot in a lifted Ford superduty trying to run on a residential road. He almost lost it, wound up having to go into oncoming traffic to avoid rolling his truck. That's why I really don't have sympathy for people that are too stupid to know the limits of their own vehicles especially an SUV or a Truck. Yeah if they're lowered they'll have a little more agility, but some people think they are in some sort of F1 racecar in those things. www.Esuvee.com Now only if they had a campaign for idiots in large trucks............

Oh and I'm off my soapbox and glad to know things are ok w/you.

·
Registered
195 Posts
sounds like he forgot to adjust the angle of his differential when he put the lift kit in, you should have reported him to the police. I dont think they would like that too much that he was responsible for a couple hundred pounds of metal flying down a road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts