Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

When your baby screams and whines give it the bottle...Nitrous Trifecta GMS3

42K views 342 replies 23 participants last post by  The Black Stig 
#1 · (Edited)
Here are some pics of the install.

DynoTune Wet Nitrous Kit
Cobalt and Ion Wet Nitrous System - Over The Top Performance

GMS3 Trifecta PCM
http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/tuning-electronics/44299-attn-gm-stage-3-owners.html

GMS3 Jumper Wires
Stage III Nitrous jumper harnes NOSWK - Crate Engine Depot

I did not install the purge kit yet because I need to order an additional braided steel line to run from the Purge solenoid to the fuel solenoid.

I have not filled up my bottle yet. I HOPE to be on the rollers this Friday.

Scheador Valve for fuel supply

Use a valve steam remover

TB Spacer w/ Nitrous nozzle

PCMs

Wire harness (More info to come)

Activation Switch

Bottle Location (for now)

Installed

See less See more
#3 ·
I will pay somebody to do what u have done to ur car lol. Outta the guys who have been here longest i have the slowest car, but the looks make up for the lack of power.

I might get a 50 shot if i cant find my boost and get it retuned.

Install looks like a PITA but u always get the job done!!!

#6 ·
Its actually not that difficult an install. It just takes a while. The hardest part was getting the jumper wires installed in the stock wire clips. Everything else was just about planning and layout.

Having an extra set of hands would have really helped too.

I wanted to start the install Friday night. After I got everything opened and layed out on the counter I spent an hour digging in my engine bay/interior/trunk visualizing how I was going to install the kit.

I did not like how much space I was going to lose in the trunk and that is why I temporary installed the tank in the back seat. I also did some research on CSS and found out that is how ItalianJoe and many other guys have done it.

I like to take my time and do everything right. I am pretty satisfied with the way it turned out. I still need to get the purge kit installed which includes getting a braided steel line and I need to make a new solenoid mounting plate that can hold 3 solenoids. But I also read that having a purge kit is not as important as it is made out to be.

As the Nitrogen/Oxygen liquid mixture leaves the bottle and enters the line it turns into a gas. As the gas sits in the lines the oxygen evaporates. So when you first spray on old nitrous the gas entering the engine is mostly nitrogen. So it causes the mixture to be a little rich until the fresh stuff gets to the engine. At least that is my understanding of that I have read.

Bravo bravo can we get a hip hip hooray for a wet kick on the lsj. Closest my car will get to a wet system is the wifeys paintes get moist;) Lol.
I hope that does not happen too often in the RL or you might have some love stains! lol

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/off-topic-discussion/35413-love-stains.html

#8 ·
Looks good but I really would not like to see you kill your self also and if you go to the track that will have to be moved. You know if that leaks in the car it will cause burning of the eyes and throat also can cause frost bite. I will get you some pics of what we did with our kit. Also your purge only goes on your nitrous side just to let you know congrates and can't wait for videos.

#14 ·
Blow down tubes are for sissy's! jk

Depending on how things go, I will most likely be adding a bottle warmer and blow down tube.

I am having a problem with my Trifecta GMS3 PCM. I can read the file with HPTs but I get a warning message saying I can not edit it. I am working with Steve (Pyros777) and Vince on the problem.

I should really order some extra fuel jets while I am waiting.

#17 ·
I am just testing this setup. Its not like I plan on running it for 5 years! If I like it enough I will get a bottle warmer.

Now you can hit Ecotak! :silly: My advice to you my friend it don't blow it up!
I will try not to...

#23 ·
wow i never thought about that. Thats is pretty sneaky.....maybe i don't think of these things too often. Nice idea though!

#27 ·
I tried to buy a used kit on here and a couple on CSS. Nobody wanted to budge on their price. Then I talked to Josh at 0TTP and he hooked me up with a deal on a brand new kit.

Its nice being able to open the bottle when ever I want. I am going to get my bottle filled today so I can purge the nitrous lines.

#29 ·
#30 ·
Damn 8 hours.... How about this next time you pay for beer i will help :D
It took me about 8 hours because I really took my time. I like to visual the install before I just jump into it. And I change my mind on the bottle location twice.

When you make tune for N20 what do you generally do to the maps? I get the concept with all motor but with boost just seems complicated..

Please note I don't tune I just put the stuff on again thanks so much ams LOL
I am using the unlocked GMS3 Trifecta PCM. It has special tables for running Nitrous. It is designed for a dry nitrous system running a 50 shot but it can be configured many different ways.

Since I am running a wet shot, I had Vince from Trifecta zero out the fuel adder via fuel injectors.

I have the nitrous parameters set as follows.

Activation RPMS > 3750
Activation TPS > 95%
Timing Retard = 2 degrees
Deactivation RPMS > 6750
Deactivation TPS < 95%

I have the arming switch mounted in my interior.

When it flip that switch, it tells the PCM that my Nitrous System is armed and ready to spray. When I hit the enabling peramters, the black wire completes the ground.

Once my PCM sees > 95% Throttle and > 3750rpms it completes the ground to fire the nitrous and fuel solenoids through the red wire in the above pic.

While spraying the PCM pulls 2 degrees of timing.

Pretty simple...

#32 ·
I don't know exactly how the fuel adder in the GMS3 PCM works. That is one of Vince's secrets.

I would assume it works similar to the Fuel adder in PE for WOT. It probably adds fuel based off the MAF calibration like you said.

#33 ·
I was thinking of using the nitrous table for a E-85 tune. I figured it would be a good way to add fuel and timing but now that I think of it that table would work better for meth. Use it to cut the system on fr a race and lean the car out more then add timing. I just keep over thinking things from what I can see. You ever been in a car with spray?

#34 ·
I think the Hundred Octane Mode (HOM) in the PCM would be better for running E85. I am sure their is some way to control fuel and add timing.

Vince is sending me one of his tuning thingys to help work out the problems with the PCM. Maybe once we get it figured out I can talk to him about making a switchable dino/E85 tune.

It was something I want to experiment with myself before I found out that we do not have access to the Nitrous and HOM tables in HPTs.

I still have hope that HPTs will eventually support the GMS3 PCM since they will soon be releasing some support for the 2.2 ecotec. It tells me that they have not completely given up on our platform.

You ever been in a car with spray?
No. I have not.

#35 ·
Well talk to him about it and see what happens. Hptuner support would be super nice all the work has been done already. I can't wait till you hit that switch and your car screams to life. You will so be hooked lol.

#36 ·
I wonder how different it will feel compared to my TVS?

My ricer math tells me my current setup is at least 295whp/275wtq. I put down 330whp/290wtq with the TVS.

So with a 50 shot on my current setup, I will probably be looking around 335whp/305wtq. Right?

#37 ·
i think you will prolly see more torque, and it will kick in good

#41 ·
We paid like 40-45 a bottle here. Also you will be able to fill that 50 shot 75 would be better but you got to start somewheres. Also with boost you can expect more like a 60 ish hp gain on a 50. Don't forget cold air condense so that means more air in the engine. You also may see 1 or 2 pounds more of boost when you hit it. Wait till your racing and the guy starts to pull away then you say okay that's fr enough click tires spin and you leave lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.