Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about some shocks for the Redline? You would think they would show up pretty quickly. Well, that's what I get for thinking. Not even coil-overs, although they would be nice too, but even some stiffer, or adjustable replacements...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Are they shocks or struts on our cars? I really have never paid that much attention.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm assuming struts up front, shocks in the rear, right?

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Wow, I have never even thought to look to see what we have. If somebody could check that'd be great because you know, I really can't as it has been raining for almost 2 weeks straight here (fun as hell to drive with these dunlops, but sad none-the-less).

·
Registered
135 Posts
Struts in the front, shocks in the back. The reason there aren't any aftermarket options is because the RL struts/shocks are larger and differently valved than the standard Ion--therefore a limited market. I'm guessing no company will focus on a car with less than 5000 people as a market. We're going to have to wait for Cobalt SS stuff to come out and buy that. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

This all of course, is IMHO. :(

P.S. A few people have asked for rear strut tower braces for our cars. There are no strut towers in the back, so stop asking! :mad:

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What about using Ion shocks and such? Or are the bodies of the shocks different?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
kyb and koni are due out very soon. just a little longer

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any better details than that? Just general stuff?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
kyb will be doing the agx adjustables as will koni be doing adjustables, i have not been given a time frame from either company except "soon" koni hinted at the end of july, and kyb just said as soon as we can. wish i could tell you more but.... progress may be working on a coilover setup also if they see the demand for the redline springs is there. i just spoke to bill at sprint and told him that we need struts/shocks and he said he will look into it, but he is not sure how far he wants to go with it because the redline WOULD this time require a complete different setup due to the difference that we would want to see in handling. so they are up in the air right now, they said they wil continue to monitor how the ion springs sell and base thier decision on that.

·
Registered
135 Posts
zfactor said:
kyb will be doing the agx adjustables as will koni be doing adjustables, i have not been given a time frame from either company except "soon" koni hinted at the end of july, and kyb just said as soon as we can. wish i could tell you more but.... progress may be working on a coilover setup also if they see the demand for the redline springs is there. i just spoke to bill at sprint and told him that we need struts/shocks and he said he will look into it, but he is not sure how far he wants to go with it because the redline WOULD this time require a complete different setup due to the difference that we would want to see in handling. so they are up in the air right now, they said they wil continue to monitor how the ion springs sell and base thier decision on that.
That's odd that Progress may make coilovers. I called them two weeks ago and they said they had no interest in RL parts, except for a rear sway bar. :confused:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
who do you know there??? i know bill from sprint and the main guy at progress used to work under him, i spoke to him and they said they would be doing this "in time" they want no part of gm at all any longer that may be what they meant to say. they had a horrible experience with the whole saturn thing as far as saturn selling thier springs. they really got screwed on that deal so they will not do any factory stuff for gm any longer. ill see if i can get any more info for you. by the way the sprint springs are awsome i highly recc them for the redline if your looking for a "stock" like ride.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't know anyone there. I just called them to find out what they had and possibly what they were planning. If they are considering making parts for the RL, great.

Z, what shop do you run? If you do come out with RL specific struts/shocks and/or a coilover set up I would be very interested.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
tein told me to screw myself :(

no really, they told me no..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.