Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright people. It's another "confessional" style thread here, but I want to know, for some of the people on here, there're some original (to say the least) screen names. So folks, even for just the "yeah they're my initials" of you out there, where does your handle come from?

To keep mine short & sweet, it came from a wierd project where we made a collage where we put together something we though illustrated our personalities. So I cut my head out of a picture, pasted it on a monkey's body, put it over a sweeping NYC picture, and put some people "bowing" underneath. Hence, the urban monkey god. It's just sort of stuck since then (or I've been too lazy to change it . . .)

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Monkey, I was going to ask you about that on Saturday. Beat me to it.

Well mine are my intitails. And for those who haven't figured it out, it is D.I.Polley. Polley is pronounced like the infamous parrot. No I DO NOT want a cracker. So I have been called, Dip stick, dip shit, one of my favs was Acid Dip (From my DJing days). My mom just calls me shit head.

My Yahoo screen name is Lurker5045. It comes from Old irc chat (for those who remember what that is). a Lurker is someone who just sits in a chat room and does nothing. The 5045 is just the numbers my very first aol name assigned to me. It just stuck.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Mine comes from my gaming/having imaginary fun with friends as a child days. When we'd play I'd be all "I am more powerful than you. You have no chance of surviving" and such. We'd start to play video games and I needed a way to shorten that so its not like 'I'm Godlike, you lose'...so it went to No Chance to Zero Chance to Zero (was to lazy for the rest) then to Xero (less people spell it this way) to Xero State (as in your in a zero state with no way out)...lol. Wow, I never reliesed how complicated my name was...lol. Well thats the story whether you understand it or not...lol.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Well "Garbs" was my nickname from like 5th grade to my senior year of high school. My last name is Garbarino, so you can probably guess why they shortened it down. My AIM s/n is Adrena1injunkiE and.... well..... that should be self explanatory.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My screenname

Well when I first joined this board, I used my name... but I also needed a name for some work I did on air at a radio station... so I chose IONTOP ION.. needs no explanation, and it's the TOP of the line ION... put em together... plus it's apparantly got an alternate meaning I'm not sure what that is yet...

IONTOP

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
On here, mine is as uncreative as can be, and just named after the car. On AIM, my name MatrixRolla301 came from bowling. My first bowling ball I owned was an Ebonite Matrix. It used to be 300, which is a perfect game, but I locked myself out of that name a couple years ago by forgetting the password. So hence, I am now just a little more than perfect, at least on the internet.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
im in the navy

first name is mitch

and the number is my lucky # (also my GF's birthday)

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'm a Police/Fire/EMS dispatcher. Got the nick name from my wifes friends who were over at my house one night listening to the scanner. They said I talk to much, go figure..... :rolleyes: The nick name has kind of stuck since then.

·
Registered
187 Posts
mine is kinda weak... my g/f's handle for her journal is paint.it.red. becase she is big fan of the color red and stole the title of paint it black. so when it came for idea for something for my car i stole her stolen idea and used to to be paintedblack, which works out good cause my rl is black, and i work for a sherwin williams..... a paint company!

·
Registered
808 Posts
hi my name is john

·
Registered
44 Posts
Came from a department at an old job i had. when something broke we would right a credit to the customer. as such they would tell them to take it back to damaged goods. it got so bad that was what they changed my name tag to. I hate my old boss :D

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Believe it or not, it's what all my friends have called me for years... it's not even a handle...

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
My nickname since '89 was Drifter (as in "High Plains") but this fucking ridiculous drifting trend has forced me to dump that. When I started joining the Saturn/Red Line forums, I needed a new name. I wanted something relavent but unique so I went with Hyperion. It's Saturn's smallest moon & also looks like hyper ion.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Do i really need to go into it. I mean cmon if you cant figure it out theres something wrong with you.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Actually it's just Spikeman. Some A-hole has always got it, so I use whatever is next. When I was in the service we use to play a lot of touch football. One weekend this clown clothes lined me, So I decided to "Spike" his ass instead of the football. It was funny at the time, and in the Army you always have a handle. Spikeman it is. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Derived from the myth of the sleeping guy and my last initials.....Van Why (VW). Was in the Navy, stationed aboard my first ship (USS Brunswick) and a buddy started to call me Cowboy Rip (on the count I was from Colorado) and 'cause when it was time for my watch at 2am it was impossible to wake me up......The 32 came from Yahoo, as I guess there were 31 other Rip_vw's out there.........

1 - 20 of 23 Posts