Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the blast of threads, but I got another question I'm hoping you fellow enthusiasts can help with. Every time I pop open my hood, my super charger coolant line is emty! I fill it up, and it takes a fair amount, then drive it for a few weeks, then repeat? What really gets me, is it's not leaking! I'd see a puddle of coolant I'd think on my drive way or somewhere, but no indications it's leaking anywhere? So where the F is it going? Anybody have any suggestions? Also, my oil is black and my engine coolant is Orange, so it doesn't seem to be mixing...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have you bled the system at all? I had the same problem when I first got mine. Had too bleed the system and it mostly fixed it

·
Registered
344 Posts
Coolant with the heat exchanger and engine coolant are two separate systems so theres no way it can mix with the oil. Do you have a dual pass or any other mods?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
How do you bleed it? I'll search for a DIY. I was referring to a cracked head, head gasket or something like that about mixing with oil. I don't have any other mods besides a stage 2 and air filter...

couldn't find a DIY for bleeding the supercharger coolant, link please!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Once again, the heat exchanger system has nothing to do with the engine coolant so a cracked head or what not wouldn't cause the heat exchanger coolant to disappear. Is the heat exchanger coolant disappearing or the actual car coolant in the top right of the engine bay?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't know where the thread is. But its pretty easy.

Pull the passenger side headlight assembly and look ontop of the heat extractor there is a small, 8 or 9 mm screw on it. Just loosen it untill air or fluid comes out. I filled the coolant inlet all the way. And let it bleed to the fill mark twice before finishing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know where the thread is. But its pretty easy.

Pull the passenger side headlight assembly and look ontop of the heat extractor there is a small, 8 or 9 mm screw on it. Just loosen it untill air or fluid comes out. I filled the coolant inlet all the way. And let it bleed to the fill mark twice before finishing.
Thanks bro!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^Haha, I know buddy. Good thing there's good helpful people like Nsan1t around to give solid help. And good thing he gave me this advice also, after I successfully bled the system from the bleeder valve behind the pass side headlight, I noticed the blinker fluid was bone dry, so I filled that us also. I can't wait til somebody else comes along with the same problem so I can help them like this good fella helped me. Thank you Nsan1t! Thank you...

·
Registered
4,362 Posts

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Any update on this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts