Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't have time to look but is there a place online that sells a 180 degree thermastat for our cars? And what is the stock thermastat set at?

Thanks i know there stupid questions.

·
Registered
134 Posts
stock should be 195, but thats a n/a car. I am guessing when i say 195, hell it may be 180* to keep the temp down in a forced induction car. But most come stock with 195

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I wouldn't mess with it. There's no reason to drop in a lower temp thermostat in a brand new car. There's a reason they put in the one that they do, it dosen't cost them anymore to drop in a lower temp one, they usually have a reason. In all honesty, the hotter you can run your engine, without causing damage, is the best way to do it. This prevents the heat generated in the cyls from 'wicking' out of it. The more heat contained in the cyl, the more pressure stays in the cyl, the more powerful the charge is. I know when I had my Camaro, the Hypertech setup that I bought said that installing the chip without the lower temp thermostat, or vice versa could result in no power gains or even a loss of power depending on my application. It even went so far as to say that a thermostat of much too low of an opening temp could result in the car never reaching closed loop operation without the correct ECU programming to handle the temp drop.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts