Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vote now! Here's a short bit about each of the locations:

St. Louis, MO - Kansas is the geographical center of the US, but since Kansas is kind of *cough*boring*cough*, we've decided that St. Louis will work for a nice central location.

Louisville, KY or Cincinnati, OH - Saturn of Louisville is a very awesome dealership and I think we could get a lot of support from them. In Louisville, there are many fun things to do, including Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom and activities all over the Ohio River. Cincinnati has two dealerships that we KNOW will give us great support for the event, and also has the second largest amusement park in the country, Paramount's Kings Island. Also, there are activities on the Ohio River. We may do both cities, as they are only about an hour and a half apart, with the Kentucky Speedway halfway in between.

Charleston, SC - While this may not be a very central place, we were thinking it would be very cool to have a beach meet. Charleston is a much nicer beach than Myrtle Beach, and is only about an hour away. It will have less tourists and things are less expensive, also.

Knoxville, TN and Tail of the Dragon - There's only one reason for Knoxville - Tail of the Dragon! (Don't know what that is? www.tailofthedragon.com)

Richmond, VA or somewhere in that area - Centrally located for east coasters, along I-95. Good for people who live near I-95, bad for people who don't.

Check for another poll about dates soon!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump!

Be sure to vote! Right now there is a three way tie between three places (counting all forums this is posted on)!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
if the date is good id drive to any of those locations as long as there are plenty of ppl there.......but none of those locations are really great for where the most ppl with redlines are concentrated. but hey, i love to drive......i should come either way :D

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
xtremesc2 said:
if the date is good id drive to any of those locations as long as there are plenty of ppl there.......but none of those locations are really great for where the most ppl with redlines are concentrated. but hey, i love to drive......i should come either way :D
Not just for Red Lines. It's for all Saturns.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
oh ok my bad then, but either way im happy with wherever it is.......me likey road trips me likey road trips.

haha sorry, im a big family guy nut :p

·
Registered
1,463 Posts

·
Banned
572 Posts
eh i just want to meet my fellow saturn hommies plus i moved from new mexico to boston and my car is in nm and i need to driv it up here

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay guys, here's the rundown!

This poll is posted on four forums total, and the current vote tallies are:
St Louis: 15
Louisville: 21
Charleston: 13
Knoxville: 13
Richmond: 7
Total votes: 69

I'd say if all the people who voted come to the meet, we're doing pretty good!

I've been checking out hotels in the top four cities. I think we can safely assume that Richmond is out of the running. I've checked into 6-7 hotels for rates in each area, taken an average of the prices, and have a range also.

St. Louis
# of hotels searched: 7
Price range: $71-$92 a night
Average price: $84
All hotels in this price range include: free high speed internet, free continental breakfast, pool (either indoor or outdoor)

Louisville
# of hotels searched: 7
Price range: $45-$100
Average price: $68
All hotels in this price range include: free high speed internet (either in room, or in lobby), free continental breakfast, most include free microwave/refrigerator in room and either indoor or outdoor pool.

Knoxville
# of hotels searched: 6
Price range: $65-$89
Average price: $77
All hotels searched include free high speed internet either in room (majority) or in lobby, free continental breakfast. Most have either indoor or outdoor pool.

Charleston
# of hotels searched: 6
Price range: $55-$130
Average price: $93
Only one hotel had internet access, and it was an extra fee. Some include free breakfast, some don't. All but one had an outdoor pool, none had an indoor. Even the cheap hotels (a.k.a. ones that have NOTHING in the way of amenities) were expensive. Only two hotels offered rooms for under $70 a night. Most were over $100 a night and still did not have the amenities that most cheaper hotels usually have in other cities.

Keep in mind lodging expenses when you are voting on location. I just figured I'd get the numbers out there for everyone. I'm going to let voting keep going for awhile, but if it starts to drop off (i.e. no one else is voting), we'll go ahead and start making plans for whichever city has the most votes.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Which club? I'll need to get in contact with them ... the 6/27 date was changed for a reason, Saturn didn't want a huge group coming that day. And if a huge group DOES come .. well, the results probably won't be pretty.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Aeain said:
This trip is for ALL Saturns.
You beat me to it every time Aeain. :p Thanks for staying on top of things. :)

BTW, have you seen the thread on SF about the Dayton meet in March? Was hoping maybe you could be there, since for once it's in our hometown.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
violakat03 said:
You beat me to it every time Aeain. :p Thanks for staying on top of things. :)

BTW, have you seen the thread on SF about the Dayton meet in March? Was hoping maybe you could be there, since for once it's in our hometown.
Thanks for the Heads up. I'll check it out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts