Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
SoCo Lime said:
put them right on the frame rails right where the arrows point form the rocker covers.

the pinch weld that is below the a pillar is the strongest part of your car
ding ding ding

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yrethguad said:
Under a car and over a flat level surface.

Don't take anyone's word for it, check your manual.
the manual only shows where to put the vehicles own jack,
it doesn't indicate where to position a trolley jack and jack stands.

·
Registered
343 Posts
good question, i agree with the pinch weld statement. But mainly good judgement is needed (ie. not on the plastic)

on my 94 suburban i just slap the jacks anywhere on the frame i feel like it, but in my RL i took my time and searched for a place it couldnt slip off of

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
mine's in good shape still, and it's been up plenty. use the arrows, and you'll understand when you look at the jack where to place it from there. i hope :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
everyhing in those arrows is known as the "torque box" it is the strongest part of the vehicle. when your in an accident everyting is supose to take the impact accept that area.

those rails shouldnt bend :confused:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
The jack stand are the things that acually bent it, not the jack itself. Ill post some pics later. I have also been jacking up one whole side of the car by lifting in the middle. Prolly not a good idea huh?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
alredline04 said:
The jack stand are the things that acually bent it, not the jack itself. Ill post some pics later. I have also been jacking up one whole side of the car by lifting in the middle. Prolly not a good idea huh?
NO NO NO NO!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alredline04 said:
hey, maybe if you can find the exact dead centre of the vehicle you could lift the whole dang thing at once!

:D

hah!
just yankin ur chain dude....

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
atwilson said:
hey, maybe if you can find the exact dead centre of the vehicle you could lift the whole dang thing at once!

:D

hah!
just yankin ur chain dude....
Well there is a good place about 1/2 way down that you can use safely to jack up the left or right sides of the ION. (To remove both tires on that side for instance- handy for rotations)
It should be pretty obvious just between the b-pillar. I will post pics if necc

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WopOnTour said:
Well there is a good place about 1/2 way down that you can use safely to jack up the left or right sides of the ION. (To remove both tires on that side for instance- handy for rotations)
It should be pretty obvious just between the b-pillar. I will post pics if necc

yeah, that would be great to see some sample pics for placement of a trolley jack and/or stands.
(the manual shows where to use the vehicle scissor jack only) , i'm just not too sure where to stick a trolley jack and stands.

sheesh - all this talk about arrows on valve covers, a-pillars, b-pillars, etc. - makin me dizzy...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts