Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, i'm looking to get a all in one unit in my new redline, Looking at a pioneer AVIC-XX , however these units require to tap into the VSS to get information of the vehicles speed sensor, does anyone knwo where that wires is at ? I tried looking at boos and mitchells, cannot find anything. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
its on the intermediate shaft under the car. Ya cant miss it its a gear on there with a lil sensor hovering above it. You can also tap into it behind the gauge cluster. Wopontour will find it

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What color wire will it be any ideas? Thanks you've been very helpful!! I've search all over the place and nobody had any idea where abouts it is! THanks!

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
that I dont know. PM wopontour he is a saturn tech he can help.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
mrmcse said:
What color wire will it be any ideas? Thanks you've been very helpful!! I've search all over the place and nobody had any idea where abouts it is! THanks!
The sensor is right where Goofy said, you will see the sensor and reluctor ring/gear mounted on the RH intermediate drive shaft.(You'll have to get under the car to access it easily) It has yellow and purple wires. FYI this signal is sent to the ECM and it sends the speed signal via the Class 2 network to the IPC and it creates the speedometer readout.
HTH and Good Luck
WopOnTour

1 - 5 of 5 Posts