Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

WHITE? yes or no

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to powdercoat my rims white...by the way i have a black ion redline...do you guys think this will look good or bad

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
i said yes, but only cuz im curious to see what it looks like. i think gunmetal or black would look better, but i think white is a possibility.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i saw a new black cobalt ss with the like gunmetalish rims......so hot looking. I dont like the white rims on black. Unless you keep them real clean.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Too much contrast between white rims and a black paint job unless you have other white accents such as graphics to counter-balance the extreme difference btween the two colors. Just my opinion. There is a black SC2 running around base with a liberal helping of white graphics and has white rims. Looks pretty good that way.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe

there might be too much contrast but id like to get red lugs and then put red and white stickers on the car....

·
Registered
681 Posts
I had a silver car with white wheels - stood out, but what a serious pain in the ass to keep the wheels clean - with aluminum or dark wheels, the back of the wheels (if dirty) aren't noticeable - not so with white - you have to clean the backs every time you wash the car - major maintenance....

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
do like a titanium finish or maybe a bronze like color same as on the volk wheels that would look real good in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I am waiting for some black wheels personally.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry, black wheels just look like steelies to me, i'm not a fan. White rims on a black car on the other hand, i think that's hot! I'd love to see it!

This is a cav, but here's the idea, and i think it's hot!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
these are the tsw volcanoes....in this pic they might not look hyper black but they are.....also come in silver.

this is what ill be getting hopefully by july.

and jim, those look real good, if i dont get the tsw's ill probly have mind powdercoated like that.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I am thinkin about doing my wheels white, I have a blue car. Whats everyone else think about it? Jim those look really nice. Agreed though that white will be a pain in the ass to keep clean specially with all the brake dust our cars produce. Tomorrow is another project day for the Satty, hopefully start as early as possible and do my rims. Still not sure what I wanna go with either painting the spokes and center all black leaving lip polished and that little center cap silver or doing them all white. I'll easily be able to change it if I don't like it of course :D

·
Registered
266 Posts
how are you painting your rims?? what are you using?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Not sure but a buch of guys from tristatetuners do it so I'm going to give it a shot.

·
Registered
266 Posts
let me know the process, etc when you're done....id be interested to try it out if it works well......

·
Registered
681 Posts
It's not brake dust that bugs me, but chunks of tar and crap that stick to the backs of the wheels...LOTS of construction going on in the Philly area...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts