Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has to be people in the know, who can decipher our VIN's......" Scooter " !

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
What information are you looking for? Are you looking for something specific, or do you just want to know what all 17 digits mean?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Barry said:
I know there has to be people in the know, who can decipher our VIN's......" Scooter " !

What is it you need to know? I used to have a bookat work that tells what everything is. I know the basics though. Let me know what you need.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
scooter is there any way i can find out which production number redline my car is?

i know the production date, but thats all the folks at "my saturn" could tell me.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
I spoke with my shop foreman about this. He said that just because someone's VIN in 4z000001 that does not mean they are the 1st redline. You wouild have to call Saturn and ask them when they began making redlines and what the first production car was in relation to VIN. Otherwise, the only other thing you could do is ask everyone to try and get a general idea, but you would not really be able to get it down to what you really want that way. Try calling Saturn, you got nothing to lose.

·
Registered
244 Posts
rlinbatonrouge said:
I spoke with my shop foreman about this. He said that just because someone's VIN in 4z000001 that does not mean they are the 1st redline.

This is true. That doesn't mean the # it was produced. I found that out when I sold Barry his Red Line, cause we thought he had the 5th one built (sorry if I never told you this Barry :D ) I was told by our Saturn Area Rep that it didn't mean that, Grrrrrrr!

·
Registered
524 Posts
scooter said:
This is true. That doesn't mean the # it was produced. I found that out when I sold Barry his Red Line, cause we thought he had the 5th one built (sorry if I never told you this Barry :D ) I was told by our Saturn Area Rep that it didn't mean that, Grrrrrrr!
No more sales for Scooter ;)

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts