Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious, after I took a look at another Black RL and saw a red pinstripe, which looks pretty cool, and serves a purpose, BUT on mine, they went with blue and grey, I did not want the srtipes, but they gave me such a good deal, I could not refuse. Part of me wants to take it off, but as it is painted on, it would be a pain in the ass.
I guess my question is, who else got pinstriped, did you ask for it, and what was the color combination

Didnt want it, got it, didnt pay for it, Black w/ grey and perywinkle blue . . .

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mine came with this horrible red graphics package. Red pinstripe down the side with little "Supercharged" decals on the rear quarterpanels and the deck lid.

Also it said REDLINE really big on my windshield.

I took all of it off. Thank god they were only vinyl sicker type dealies.

·
Registered
351 Posts
No Decals or Stickers

I have nothing except the little redline emblem. Plane jane thats the way I like it. I don't want anyone knowing what I have till I smoke them and leave them in the dust.

Rick
http://www.saturnionredline.com/

·
Registered
767 Posts
My silver RL came with a PAINTED on dark blue/black stripe. I think it looks great.

·
Registered
291 Posts
the dealer i got my redline from put pin stripping on all the redlines and charged 155 dollars for the pin stripping i told him the heck with that i don't want a pin stripe on my car

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
mine came with it. 3 weeks later it was removed.

G

·
I had a single red pinstripe down each side, but right above the rear wheel wells it said "Redline" in some queer ass cursive font. They also had the same fonted "Redline" right below the Ion badge on the trunk lid. I kept it on for a while until everyone kept saying how bad it looked :eek: . I took it back to the dealer to ask them to take it off. They told me they had to charge me an hours labor. I said forget that and had my dad do it for me, when I was down in TN. He has all the tools in the world, I swear. It looks a hell of a lot better without pinstripes :) .

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Redline came with a red and a white pinstripe down the sides. It's barely noticable, so it's probably just going to stay like that, but I'm not a fan of pinstriping so I may eventually reverse course and remove them. :)

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Mine is black with a red pinn stripe. I personally like how it looks. Of course, mine are vinyl so if I decide I don't want them on there in the future, I can just peel them off. :D

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i've got a black rl with a red single line pinstripe downeach side, hand painted by "Sid" (Sid did it), he does a lot of cars in SE Wisconsin, i like it because you can tell it's hand painted, but he does a DAMN fine job doing it!

i'll have to post some pics of my car one of these days when i've got time to clean her up...

·
Registered
64 Posts
My black '04 RL came with the red and white pinstripes with the "REDLINE" written at the rear. Some people like it, some say it looks queer. I'm pretty neutral on it so they stay till I get bored one weekend and rip em off.:cool: Thankfully they're not painted on.

·
Registered
810 Posts
yeah mine came with the red pinstripe. part of me wants to take it off cause i dont like pinstripes at all, but part of me tells me to leave it cause it works with the car.

G

·
GaRsNoW said:
yeah mine came with the red pinstripe. part of me wants to take it off cause i dont like pinstripes at all, but part of me tells me to leave it cause it works with the car.
Mine had the same exact pinstripe and lettering. Did you get yours at Saturn of Flint?

·
I
7,839 Posts
I have a silver RL, mine came with red and black pinstriping down the side with "REDLINE" at the rear. Mine wasn't cursive looking though, just regular blocked letters.

·
Registered
64 Posts
GaRsNoW said:
[

Dont want to be a hater, but the script redline looks pretty ghey.

I got the plain old block lettering on mine and it looks ok, but not super either.

·
Registered
808 Posts
stripe

mine has a red and silver stripe , didnt really want it but its handpainted and hard to take off without messing up the paint. i had it removed on my silver quad coupe and it left a mark.. my redline is black by the way.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts