Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering. I haven't yet but I've had 3 close calls in the almost 4 months I've been driving mine.

First- 61 in a 50 Got off with a warning (local cop)

Second- 61 in a 45 Once again, off with a warning (Airport cop). This one was kind of bullshit though because the cop was traveling the opposite direction and then did a turn around and began following me. He didn't actually have me on radar but said he paced me. :rolleyes: As soon as I saw him I looked at my speed an it was about 55. By the time he had done his U-turn I had slowed down to 45 and being aware he was behind me, I kept it between 45 and 48. I actually think he was just trying to check out my car because he took his flashlight and walked around it a couple of times just looking at it.

Third- This morning, on the way home from work, I was behind a Civic doing 45 in a 55. So, first oppurtunity I got, I downshifted to 3rd and blazed past him doing about 63. Anyhow, I see a set of headlights gaining on me quickly. It was a truck so I thought, WTF? He pulled up behind me and flashed his brights. At the next light he pulled up next to me and it was a DPS officer in an F-150. :eek:

I looked over at him and he was giving me this mean ass look. So I rolled down my window and he did the same. I said, "Yes sir?" And then he yelled at me, "SLOW IT DOWN!!!" I then replied with a humble, "yes sir" once again and rolled my window back up. I felt like a 4 year old getting scolded for getting into the cookie jar right before dinner. He was in front of me the last 4 miles or so to my subdivision turn off so I made sure I was driving like Miss Daisy was in the back seat.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
I got pulled over at 1:45 am and was going to get a warning for following too closely but, the cop got a call and let me off with a verbal warning. I was breaking curfew too lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Two close calls since the new year started:

45 in a 30, but got off with just a warning

Excessive exhaust, Amherst, New York (the safest town in the USA) dumb cop decided my stock exhaust was too loud, tries to convince me i modified it, but lets me go with a warning

·
Registered
703 Posts
82 in a 65 in VA on the way home from PA to TX. He cited me for Reckless Driving. I called the number and asked what the stipulations of reckless driving were and the court operator said anyhting over 80 is the Officers perogative. I thought it had to be atleast 20 over...guess not.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i got a ticket for 63 in a 45 on the first night i had my car. I was driving around and a friend was helping me learn stick better. ofcourse it was the downshift lesson as a cop passed me on the other side of the road. he flipped a u turn and i saw it so i turned of into a subdivision...gunned it and tried to lose him but he new a shortcut and came outta some side road. he gave me a ticket for eluding an officer and speeding...dick

·
I
7,838 Posts
I got pulled over in NJ on my way from upstate NY to Long Island for 88 in a 50. Gave the cop my identification and het let me off with a written warning. Ahh the benefits of having a Military ID. The cop said "damn it, you are the 4th one today". :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
One warning for doing 55 in a 45 when i was in a hurry to get to work on time, and a bogus ass ticket for 45 in a 40. I was going the same speed as everyone else but I guess the RedLine looks like its moving faster than it is.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
blkredline said:

Excessive exhaust, Amherst, New York (the safest town in the USA) dumb cop decided my stock exhaust was too loud, tries to convince me i modified it, but lets me go with a warning
1st time: I wheel hopped and chirped off the line in the rain. Cop said " Exhibition of speed " i just told im I just learned how to drive stick and he let me go with a warning.

2nd time: "Modified exhaust" cop tries to convince me that I have a modified exhaust. He looks under my car and see's my Cat and thinks it's a test pipe. It does look like a test pipe, but I just told the pig that " it's a brand new car, it came like this " he let me go with a warning to keep it down.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cole said:
82 in a 65 in VA on the way home from PA to TX. He cited me for Reckless Driving. I called the number and asked what the stipulations of reckless driving were and the court operator said anyhting over 80 is the Officers perogative. I thought it had to be atleast 20 over...guess not.

Cole! Where ya been man? When are we getting together to go cruising?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
blkredline said:

LOL!!! That cop should hear mine with the magnaflow.

You can get a ticket for modifying your exhasut in some states??? WTF???

·
Registered
617 Posts
1st time - 52 in a 40 Zone. I was let off with a warning because I was wearing my seatbelt (Like always).

2nd time - For my 20% tinted windows. I swear... cops in rich communities have NOTHING better to do. Luckly I was with my girlfriend... here's why. A year ago... the same cop that pulled me over, rear-ended her cavalier. She leaned over and said "Hey, do you remember me? I'm the girl that was in the car you rear ended about a year ago." Needless to say... he just let me go.

3rd time - Ran a no turn on red. Didn't see the sign. $110 fine / 3points. I have court on the 12th to see if we can rid of the points cause my record is clean :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Steviepc7 said:
i turned of into a subdivision...gunned it and tried to lose him but he new a shortcut and came outta some side road. he gave me a ticket for eluding an officer and speeding...dick
Just pissin in the wind here, but weren't you actively trying to elude an officer? Even the cops who are cool don't take kindly to being forced to chase you down.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
got up to 110 on an on ramp (VERY quickly) started to coast once i was on, but it was too late there was a cop sitting on the side of the freeway and she got me going well over the 55mph speed limit, not sure exactly how fast i was going when she got me (was a while ago), but i'm lucky i got off with only a speeding ticket, next thing you know, they send me a letter saying they "might" take away my liscence for 5 years....

you think they'd say, you'll lose your liscence if you get one more ticket like this, or you are losing your liscence, but no, they tell me i "might" :rolleyes:

so far no other tickets, as i'm not trying to lose my liscence. this also happened to be one of the first times i could really open her up after she was broken in nicely. too bad.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Before any of you pay your tickets, or plead guilty, check out your state laws. California has this beautiful right of "Trial by Declaration" which basically allows you to write up and mail in a "Declaration of Facts" (you never show up in court) telling what happened. The cop then has to write up his own declaration and a judge rules on the statements. A lot of time the cops don't bother writing their side, and it's dismissed. The rest of the time there is usually some specific part of the written law you are charged with breaking that will help you. I've been issued 2 tickets in CA ( none in my RL). The first one the cop never submitted his declaration and it was dismissed. The second one, I won even though he did submit a declaration.

Shaneathan - do most states have something similiar?

·
Registered
453 Posts
JPK said:
You can get a ticket for modifying your exhasut in some states??? WTF???

Supposedly, you cant modify your car at all in california. (Friend told me).
I dont know if this is true, but hope it isnt.

I havent gotten pulled over in my car, but my bf did when driving home one night. It was almost at my house (lived here for 10 years, never seen a cop on that street). Said he was going 56 in a 35 (even though its a main street where everyone always drives 45-50). Gave him a ticket. What a nice way for me to get woken up on the way home huh?

·
Registered
683 Posts
That good old military I.D. doesn't work in San Diego, just too much military, I actually think we are a target here. I was on my bike following a guy in a BMW M-3 and being followed by another guy on a bike, all gonig the exact speed but I was wearing my orange retard vest. And I get a ticket, I also got a Ticket in a Government vehicle. Man, pissed me off, so I am gonig into the CHP now. Figure that one out.

·
Registered
703 Posts
unknownsuperhero said:
That good old military I.D. doesn't work in San Diego, just too much military, I actually think we are a target here. I was on my bike following a guy in a BMW M-3 and being followed by another guy on a bike, all gonig the exact speed but I was wearing my orange retard vest. And I get a ticket, I also got a Ticket in a Government vehicle. Man, pissed me off, so I am gonig into the CHP now. Figure that one out.
Same in VA I think. I have no expiration date om my D.L. as it expires with my military I.D. (Code 30 restriction in TN). So I have to show my military I.D. every time. Sometimes I get lucky, sometimes not so much. I need to look up VA laws to see what I can do about this, like Celitcshadow mentioned.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts