Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Everytime I see one a woman is driving it so I don't really instigate.

I really want a chance to race one though.

Welcome to the forum too.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I have. First race, I received some nice wheel hop and lost horribly. Second time, only wheel spin and beat him by a bit, though he did keep up till about 3rd gear, than the S/C just overpowered him. Third time very little wheel spin and wasted him. Now he could just be a bad shifter, I know the kid personally, just not that well, or our car could be just that good. Personally, I don't even know what the actual stats on the Type-S is, so I just laughed at him and kept going.

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
I raced one from about a forty mph roll, it was'nt a type-s but it had an intake. I smoked him w/o any problem. But at the same time it seemed like he was afraid to push it. I was in the right lane & missed my left turn for work, so I waited for him at the next light. He rolled down his window & I rolled down mine & he says Is that one of those redlines? I said yeah, & he says sweet. Thumbs up & I go to work. :cool:

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
i've raced one from a 20mph roll to about 80mph. The RSX-S had I/H/E and it was close, I edged him by a fender. I had my gf in the car he was by himself.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I raced one 4 times for about an 1/8th mile from a dead stop. This was before i had my cams and best time i could get was a 15.0. This was a bone stock 2003 type s 6 speed. I only had about a quarter car length on him each time. Who knows if it been a full quarter but i guess my torque got him off the line everytime. Best i seen a stock one at the track run is 15.2. The guy who had this has a TSX now. He said he test drove an 05 RSX type s and they are supposed to be much quicker now.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yes

Yes I do believe that the new type-s RSX has a couple more horses, maybe 10? I could look it up but I'm feeling pretty lazy right now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've raced one with a T4 running 17psi, lets just say when he finally hooked [email protected] on the interstate he blew my doors off. :eek: Oh yea i was boostin @15psi. My little turbo spools very quick but dies too soon.

·
Registered
535 Posts
RSX are at 200 hp at the crank. We should be able to take a stock one, depwnding on how good you are at driving your car. My budy has one, pritty modded to. Im going to see how I do against him at the track in a couple of weeks. Ill let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you guys should get them, they trap 92 to 95 mph at the track. i have a friend with every bolt-on you can think of the rsx and at the track his best was 13.2 pretty good for a N/A.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Has anyone raced the new 2005 Type-S yet? I'm supposed to have a friendly race with one of them this week...

·
Registered
493 Posts
An RSX Type S with a good driver should be able to pull off a low 15 in the quarter. They have good high end but like any honda they lack major torque and so their low end suffers. If my friend can beat one in his hyundai elantra with I/H/E and about 140 hp to the wheels, I'm pretty sure we can too.

·
Registered
888 Posts
RedLined said:
An RSX Type S with a good driver should be able to pull off a low 15 in the quarter. They have good high end but like any honda they lack major torque and so their low end suffers. If my friend can beat one in his hyundai elantra with I/H/E and about 140 hp to the wheels, I'm pretty sure we can too.
The pre 2005 Type-5 had 200hp and with a good driver could break into the high 14s, the 2005 i believe have 210hp so i would imagine they are a high 14 second car with no problem now. A friend of mine had one and he would race my brother at the track. He had a 2003 RSX-type S with intake and a short throw shifter and he was breaking off 14.6s, but he is the best driver i have ever seen. My brother was running 13.9s in his 2002 wrx which had a chip and exhaust, but the 95 degree temp was not helping his time.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
gearing is another huge factor as well with those cars, they've got great transmissions geared for keeping them in the high rpms. just keep that in mind when we start to see tC's with the TRD supercharger, with less power start to take us off the line. those things are geared so high to make them quick

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have vid, let me find it and get somebody to host it. i dont know if it got eaten by the bug i got last week? Blk rl vs blk rsx-s sweet vid.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
the new Type S runs .2 slower than us 1/4 mile time and . 3 seconds slower 0 to 60 :) So basicallly u miss a good shift hes winning :eek:

I just cant stand how they have way less tq and still run like it is nothign those high revving motors are nasty!

I was gonna buy a used prelude SH but decided to wait for cobalt SS, then finally got redline :p

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
cvenom2122 said:
the new Type S runs .2 slower than us 1/4 mile time and . 3 seconds slower 0 to 60 :) So basicallly u miss a good shift hes winning :eek:

I just cant stand how they have way less tq and still run like it is nothign those high revving motors are nasty!

I was gonna buy a used prelude SH but decided to wait for cobalt SS, then finally got redline :p
That's the high-rpm Honda trick. Horsepower is just a measure of torque produced over the Rpm range. Make a small amount of torque for a long time, you get alot of horsepower. It's a good idea, particuarly from an accelleration stand point, they don't have as much wheel spin to worry about, and once the car is moving and the horses really come out there's no chance of spinnig. That said, running your engine, your BELT driven engine, to 8,000+ rpms thousands of times, has other consequences. I know 3 people with modded Honda/Acuras, and two of them have broken their timing belts racing and TORE UP the head and cams of their cars. It's hell on an engine to rev that high, regardless of the steps taken to buffer it.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
cvenom2122 said:

it's all in the gearing...

if we had their transmission, i'd bet we'd go MUCH faster

·
Registered
416 Posts
I almost bought an RSX type S but the back seat was worthless (much worse than ours) and it didn't feel as fast around town unless you kept it at 6500 rpms which is a pain. And the stock wheels were 16s with sissy rubber. But then again, the resale value rules so sometimes I wish I would have bought one, but then I remember how much they cost. . . And how much more the insurance was.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts