Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve been gone a while and I have installed and blown another engine in my IRL... car has like 173k now, but I’m wondering if anyone would be interested in a part out? I don’t think I could afford to fix it again...😔

I’ve got two cylinder heads, one is hand ported and has ZZP springs, one is stock with bent/broken valves

Lots of other parts from ZZP that I can’t recall at the moment but PM me or text (304)449-4025 and I can grab pics or info... I’ll try and update this thread with a parts inventory(or make a for sale thread) if people are interested...

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
So I’ve been gone a while and I have installed and blown another engine in my IRL... car has like 173k now, but I’m wondering if anyone would be interested in a part out? I don’t think I could afford to fix it again...😔

I’ve got two cylinder heads, one is hand ported and has ZZP springs, one is stock with bent/broken valves

Lots of other parts from ZZP that I can’t recall at the moment but PM me or text (304)449-4025 and I can grab pics or info... I’ll try and update this thread with a parts inventory(or make a for sale thread) if people are interested...
How ya blowing engines.
Whatcha got for sale

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The recent one was from not cleaning the laminova cores when I put the intake manifold on the engine... was speeding to the hospital in 100* weather and a long pull(55-105) resulted in failure of piston 4

All I really wanna keep is the seats, front clip, hubs, brakes, shocks/struts... trans has 5th out and short block is internally damaged and has an improvised alternator bracket(why I got it so cheap)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you’re interested I can photo parts or get shipping quotes... the cylinder head that needs valves could be sold immediately but anything else would have to be pulled

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The alternative to parting the car is to either put one good piston in the existing engine(it still fires right up) and hope for the best, or find a B207R and slap my LSJ head on... either of which would run me almost $1k and it still doesn’t address the transmission’s lack of a functioning overdrive gear..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I’ll post a quick inventory...

2 cylinder heads, one is hand ported and has ZZP springs, other may need valves as the engine it’s on had a rod fail

ZZP 3” CAI, high voltage coils(7500mi on them), 3” de-catted(was a cat) downpipe

2.5” MagnaFlow CBE with resonator

supposedly has ARM’s ported blower, but I never seen the outlet, but with a 2.8” pulley

LS4 TB(may be ported)

dual pass end plate, option B tank, FMHE, and CXRacing intercooler pump

80# injectors

Also has a Hurst short throw(not sure if usable with F23 trans?)

I also have the high rise wing off it, clear coat is bubbly on ends though...

I’ve also got other random LSJ parts that aren’t on my car...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry I’ve been gone so long, been dealing with a lot of stuff at home and with my daily(have to get to work lol)... really wanna sell parts off this car so I can get it outta my driveway

You have a ported head with ZZP springs? Available?
YEAH I’ve got it the head available, PM me for info
How much for injectors, exhaust cam, clutch, flywheel, zzp springs, and hurst shifter?
Pm me for info on the parts...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

I tried to PM you, but apparently I need to have 15 posts before I can PM you... Maybe I can reply if you PM me first?

Do you still have the high rise wing / aero spoiler? If so how much and what color is it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I still have the high rise wing... it’s black with bubbly clearcoat on the ends...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry about the car. I'm looking for a decent, useable clutch master cylinder and the clutch pedal. If you are willing to sell I'm definitely interested.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys new Here, I have a Rl, I was trying to bleed the clutch, I had someone pump the clutch peddle but some how there was a cable, It's one of the oxygen sensor cable that came out from where it's supposed to be connected, that cable has a wideband ( I think it's call like that) where the oxygen sensor cable connects by the pipe and the other part that goes in the car, Does anyone knows where that cable connects to inside or if it connects to any of the computers???

·
Registered
88 Posts
This seems like someone ran a cable through where the Clutch hole in the fire wall is?

Wide band cords go to a gauge? is it terminated? ripped? is there nothing under the dash that has a hole that needs a wire?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have any idea what would be the delivery cost to worldpostalcode.com/united-states/texas/Houston? Last year I was ordering some parts from Chicago and the cost nearly killed me. The parts were neither heavy nor big size and I really did not expect such a sum. So it would be great to learn what forwarders you are using and their prices. Besides, they have to be reliable.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts