Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone remember who it was that had those? I'm on the fence about buying a set. I know they had mentioned that the ECU would recognize them as if a tail light was blown so the blinkers would be twice as fast. Ever find out if there was a fix to that? Also, I was just curious to see how well they were holding up (all LEDs still working and if they were resealed properly to prevent water from leaking in). I'm 95% sure they ship these in from China so I'm a little hesitant about the quality.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
they have the resistors built in so you do not have to worry about fast blinking. no water leaks and they also are working perfectly fine, been about a year so far..

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they have the resistors built in so you do not have to worry about fast blinking. no water leaks and they also are working perfectly fine, been about a year so far..
Sounds good. I'll order a set now then lol. Thanks. I would assume the LEDs are a bit more visible with the tint than regular bulbs would be with the tint.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are they all made by the same company no matter the seller?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
I would assume so. They are all located somewhere in California. And with my experience through ebay, alot of automotive shit that ships from California is usually something that they get from some Chinese vendor.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
So is the install of these simply just bolting them on and plugging them in, or is there re-wiring required? Anybody have any pictures of how they compare "brightness-wise" to the stock?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
they just plug in where the harness attaches, stupid easy, brighter? of course, they are as bright with that tint on them as stockers are without tint i would say,

·
Registered
811 Posts
I thought I remember somone on here who got these a while back, and said that they did not have resistors on them. Maybe they have been revised since then. I may pick up a set of these then if they are already preinstalled and are just plug and play over the stock lights.

Anyone here have these without tint on them? I am curious to see how they look in the day and at night

·
Registered
665 Posts
I had a set and they blinked fast as he'll so I sold them but few people have had luck

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I just got these in today, and I gotta say they are blinding lol. I should get a ticket for not tinting them. They do blink normal and they look great. BTW 04IRL, where did you mount the little ballast that came with them? I just stuck it to the flat part on the back of the tail light.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Well I just got these in today, and I gotta say they are blinding lol. I should get a ticket for not tinting them. They do blink normal and they look great. BTW 04IRL, where did you mount the little ballast that came with them? I just stuck it to the flat part on the back of the tail light.
Pics!

How did you mount the ballast? Did you have to drill into anything, or did it come with some sort of adhesive?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
just stuck it in the back of the tail light like you, yes it comes with adhesive,

·
Registered
811 Posts
Link to ebay seller?

Now we just need some pics:)

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I tried to take pics, but it was dark out so the flash just bounced off of the reflectors and it was just a big red ball in the pic. I'll try to do one during the day over the weekend when I'm home (I leave for work when its dark and come back home when its dark lol).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts