Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just thought I'd give you guys a little preview of the tinted LED tail lights. Still gotta do some more wet sanding and clear coating. They came out alittle too dark, but you can still see the LEDs.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Way dark for me, but the super led's probably make up for it.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Right, its not going to completely illuminate the housing, but its defitnitely visible.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Just thought I'd give you guys a little preview of the tinted LED tail lights. Still gotta do some more wet sanding and clear coating. They came out alittle too dark, but you can still see the LEDs.

Ever get any pics of it on the car?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Does anyone have these lights, minus the tint on them. If so, could you post some pics? I have been back and forth on getting these lately and want to see how the look vs the standard taillights illuminated.

Has anyone has problems with anything going out with the LED tails overe time, or have they affected anything electrical on the car? I don't feel like f ing up the BCM or anything else on the car over a set of taillights

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
most of your questions have been answered. just read. and i dont have pics, but i can tell you for certain they have more light then stock. they are leds after all. get them, you will not be dissappointed

·
Registered
811 Posts
most of your questions have been answered. just read. and i dont have pics, but i can tell you for certain they have more light then stock. they are leds after all. get them, you will not be dissappointed
I am well aware of the lights requiring resistors to compernsate for the fast blinking, that is not was not what I was asking about.

I wanted to see if anyone has experienced any electrical problems with the car after time with these lights, or with the lights themselves. Not really concerned with the light output, I am sure they have more light than OEM, but rather if they will look ricey or not without being tinted

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I haven't had any problems at all as of now and they don't look too bad either. Unfortunately I think that this company who makes them uses an inferior type of plastic that has a chemical reaction with VHT Niteshade. basically as soon as you spray the tint on, the plastic begins to crack. Other than that, these tail lights are fantastic.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Yea, I think I am going to order a set on my next payday.

·
I'm bi-winning
900 Posts
Unfortunately I think that this company who makes them uses an inferior type of plastic that has a chemical reaction with VHT Niteshade. basically as soon as you spray the tint on, the plastic begins to crack.
Post a pic if you don't mind, i'm curious.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I haven't had any problems at all as of now and they don't look too bad either. Unfortunately I think that this company who makes them uses an inferior type of plastic that has a chemical reaction with VHT Niteshade. basically as soon as you spray the tint on, the plastic begins to crack. Other than that, these tail lights are fantastic.
I guess that explains the $160 price for them then. Did you have to do any rigging to line up when mounting them, or were they as good as fit as the originals?

·
Registered
21 Posts
To any who cares to see what the LED tails look like not tinted, and on a car here ya go. They look awesome, and can pass for oem quality however, they are nearly blinding at night so I will be tinting them soon for the mercy of people behind me lol..Just got these for Christmas!!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
To any who cares to see what the LED tails look like not tinted, and on a car here ya go. They look awesome, and can pass for oem quality however, they are nearly blinding at night so I will be tinting them soon for the mercy of people behind me lol..Just got these for Christmas!!
I never got around to buying these 10 months ago (see above post, lol). I've been meaning to, but am trying to save up for a new car.

They definitely look sweet!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts