Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i know AEM and Injen and K&N should have had intakes out by now. But I have a friend of min that loves to Fabricate stuff.....he is a body man and is really good at it. But he also likes to be creative. He said he would help me make a CAI intake for my car. 3" pipe. I know there is a demand and i would like to get things rolling on it ASAP. I would see how much it would cost to make on and if we can get more made after mine. The downfall is I don't know of any Dyno shop nearby. And would the intake fit the Cobalt SS also???

If i can make them around $200 would anyone be interested i know K&N is what $400 for metal tubing and a filter that is rediculas.

·
Registered
416 Posts
korax123 said:
Ok i know AEM and Injen and K&N should have had intakes out by now. But I have a friend of min that loves to Fabricate stuff.....he is a body man and is really good at it. But he also likes to be creative. He said he would help me make a CAI intake for my car. 3" pipe. I know there is a demand and i would like to get things rolling on it ASAP. I would see how much it would cost to make on and if we can get more made after mine. The downfall is I don't know of any Dyno shop nearby. And would the intake fit the Cobalt SS also???

If i can make them around $200 would anyone be interested i know K&N is what $400 for metal tubing and a filter that is rediculas.
I would be in, but I'm a bit skeptical to send $200 to a guy that doesn't speak my language. But god bless the USA and our secondary education. . .

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Kount me in. I would lik to c dyno's 1st.

·
Registered
762 Posts
haha thats funny I may be interested

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea college doesn't help my grammer out to much. lol I am going to see what I can do next week.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I was thinking about fabing some thing up. I didnt want to say anything unit I had one on and dynoed. I have access to a dyno. Where in Ohio are you? If you can fab, I can dyno. Lets get this shit rolling, these corperations, AEM, K&N, those butt pirates with the headers, are really pissing me off.

·
Banned
572 Posts
intercooler piping* oh and make sure u make a hole in the band that connects the throttle body and piping to put the air breather in so it dosent make a lean code run and ur set !

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
make it with stainless, and i might buy one, although i'm likely to stick to the stock setup modified to Ram Air if i don't get rid of the car

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
http://www.gravanatuning.com/

Email this guy too, if no one has. He said he has been waiting on more Redline owners to contact him. Seems like a real good guy, he's also pretty suprised that there aren't more Ion Redline parts avilable. I believe he said they already have an intake designed, but hadn't yet produced it. Something along those lines...

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ill try to give an update tommrow i was sick up until today and its supposed to be nice out :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts