Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many people have the Comp package on there Redlines?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just picked mine up last night. My dealership didnt even know they were making them with that package this year. So I was just seeing how many are out there.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
You bastard........

·
Registered
244 Posts
I don't own one but, I have one at work and drive it one a regular basis. *inset eveil laugh here*

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Do you guys have all the tools to install the LSD there now Scooter? Since you got the comp package Redlines?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Do you guys have all the tools to install the LSD there now Scooter? Since you got the comp package Redlines?

They come in from the factory w/ the LSD. It's not something we do here.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
scooter said:
They come in from the factory w/ the LSD. It's not something we do here.
I know that, I was just wondering if you guys got the tools to do full service on the trannies since you're selling em now. Most of the dealerships didn't have the tools to do the installs for a LSD, or even work on one. At least as far as I was told.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Sp00ner said:
I know that, I was just wondering if you guys got the tools to do full service on the trannies since you're selling em now. Most of the dealerships didn't have the tools to do the installs for a LSD, or even work on one. At least as far as I was told.
And most dealers probably won't attempt swapping in a LSD on a non-equipped Red Line since they will not even touch swapping automatic transmissions to manuals.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
matt said:
And most dealers probably won't attempt swapping in a LSD on a non-equipped Red Line since they will not even touch swapping automatic transmissions to manuals.
That's ALOT bigger of a job man....

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Sp00ner said:
That's ALOT bigger of a job man....
Not really, at least on the s-series. From they dealerships I've seen, they don't like to add or change something on a car that it didn't have from the factory.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sp00ner said:

I'll check either tomorrow or Monday.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Adam_Ant said:
What kind of LSD do we have in our cars?
Quaife Differential

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, I tried everyone I know from the dealership to the factory workers and nobody could give me a direct answer.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
matt said:
Not really, at least on the s-series. From they dealerships I've seen, they don't like to add or change something on a car that it didn't have from the factory.
BUt even on the S-series, you need the tranny and clutch, computer, and pedals, shifter, cables, etc. You need to modify the pedal set, change some wiring, cut a hole for the shifter, etc. I changed my Camaro to a 5 spd, and there's a million people that have done it, and even kits. I just can't see a LSD install being just as hard as a full tranny swap.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Sp00ner said:
BUt even on the S-series, you need the tranny and clutch, computer, and pedals, shifter, cables, etc. You need to modify the pedal set, change some wiring, cut a hole for the shifter, etc. I changed my Camaro to a 5 spd, and there's a million people that have done it, and even kits. I just can't see a LSD install being just as hard as a full tranny swap.
You don't have to change the harness or cut a hole for the shifter.

Either way you are removing the transmission. I've never torn into an ion, but from what I've heard the LSD install on a s-series is a job.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've done the LSD install in an S Series as well as several AT to MT swaps. Sure it is tedious and shouldn't be undertaken by the mechanically challenged.

Once the LSD units are readily available, I am sure that I will end up purchasing one, pulling the tranny out of the RL and spending the weekend doing the install.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
dgtlxtrem1 said:
I've done the LSD install in an S Series as well as several AT to MT swaps. Sure it is tedious and shouldn't be undertaken by the mechanically challenged.

Once the LSD units are readily available, I am sure that I will end up purchasing one, pulling the tranny out of the RL and spending the weekend doing the install.
I'm considering buying the F35 tools my self
The "kit" is about $2295 :eek:
WOT

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.