Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wolfeman1981 said:
I would, how much?
wolfeman1981, for this weekend only, we will offer the DUB 3.25" Pulley Unit/ w/ K&N Typhoon Intake System for just $370 shipped within the continental US. That is a total of a $30 savings off the regular advertised pricing on our website. All interested in this offer will have to email me at [email protected] for a PayPal Money Request.This offer is only good for the "Redline Forum Members" ONLY!!!!

;)

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
That's a pretty good deal there!

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sp00ner said:
That's a pretty good deal there!
Thanks Sp00ner, as I will have this sale starting right now, lasting through Sunday evening. All interested, please email me for this special "Redline Forum Member" Sale only!! :cool:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sorry if this was posted ans I just missed it but have you guys tried this pulley on an LSJ? If so what were the results?

·
Registered
629 Posts
thats what i wanna know ill take that ride out there ........ let us no?

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MotorMouth said:
Sorry if this was posted ans I just missed it but have you guys tried this pulley on an LSJ? If so what were the results?
MotorMouth, give me your Vin Number off this LSJ you have and I will let you know?

·
Registered
674 Posts
SFPH said:
MotorMouth, give me your Vin Number off this LSJ you have and I will let you know?
I'm not following you. :confused:

·
Registered
70 Posts
LSJ is the gm name for the 2.0 supercharged ecotec (read: the motor you are offering the pulley for).

I think what motormouth is asking is, since the bypass valve only allows 12PSI of boost, what are the results with a smaller pulley? I'm sure we get full boost sooner, but wouldn't that benefit be out weighed by the fact that the supercharger is spinning faster once the 12PSI mark is reached, without an increase in HP? Essentially increasing paracidic power loss.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
An LSJ is the technical name of the 2.0L EcoTec that is used in the IRL and the Cobolt SS, Basically he wants to know if anyone else has dropped the pully on their redline. This has come up in the past, and if I remember, a few ppl chimed in and said they had, but were reallllllllllly short on details (Install, performance gains, etc)...

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ptparker said:
An LSJ is the technical name of the 2.0L EcoTec that is used in the IRL and the Cobolt SS, Basically he wants to know if anyone else has dropped the pully on their redline. This has come up in the past, and if I remember, a few ppl chimed in and said they had, but were reallllllllllly short on details (Install, performance gains, etc)...
Okay then, yes we have a few Redline owners out there running our 3.25" DUB Pulley Units and One Cobalt SS owner in Texas, that is running our 3.4" DUB Pulley Unit for the street and using the 3.25" DUB Pulley Ring for performance.

Customer in Texas is using the 3.25" pulley with the use of 100 octane unleaded fuel for performance only and making 14 lbs. boost under wide open throttle.

Another Redline owner has told me he disconnected the Boost Bypass Electrical connector ( No Check Engine Light ) and disabled it and now his engine is holding 14 lbs. boost at wide open throttle on 93 octane fuel and this keeps the computer from allowing the boost bypass to function and not cause the performance to be hindered.

I have no physical evidence of this modification, except when a customer of mine tells me this can be done and he is not seeing any negative performance results, then we have no reason to doubt him.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Why doesn't someone come up with something like the MAP clamp for the SRT-4. For the saturns 2bar it would just need to mask the voltage at 4.5volts max for the PCM to think your still getting less than 12psi of boost.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Has anyone come up with a scan tool that will read Knock retard on these cars yet? That would be pretty important before uping the boost. If the 3.25 can be supported on 100 octane than you could run it with water injection 24/7 with no problem.

I would scan for KR first.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dvldoc said:
Has anyone come up with a scan tool that will read Knock retard on these cars yet? That would be pretty important before uping the boost. If the 3.25 can be supported on 100 octane than you could run it with water injection 24/7 with no problem.

I would scan for KR first.
No problem with scanning their pcm, as all you would have to do is use an Autotap Scan Tool to give you Knock Retard etc. on any forced air induction engine. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
629 Posts
ok do you have a shop or a store....to do installation

1 - 20 of 58 Posts