Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I'm sure someone has had a similar thread but I thought this might be a good way in intro myself.

I found myself short one car. It seems I was on my way in to work one day when a man in an Exploder was unable to stop at an uncontrolled intersection on the hiway. It happened so fast I had no time to react and struck him just in front of the rear tire on the driver side. I was doing about 120Km/h (slow for me) and the air bag hurt like hell. So there I was with no car, they wrote off my 2002 Elantra GT (Ya, I've heard the jokes but it was a good car). I bought every mag I could find and searched the web like crazy. I wanted something with some guts but I really didn't want an SRT even though I'm a big Dodge fan. Not too sure how but I found out about the RL and also found this site. Read through a Ton of posts and then got my wife to take the car out for a spin with me. I still couldn't drive stick at that point due to the sprained wrist but she loved it. She drives nearly as crazy as me, actually got my Jeep on 2 wheels once going around a corner. Tried out the Toyota Matrix (No guts and disappointed in the interior quality) and the Mazda 3 (easy car to drive but almost too easy). As a person that researches even when he buys a pack of gum, it was really hard for me to make up my mind so quick, even had friends drive it. When I got the chance to drive it I went with a friend. I was when he said to me "the only person that can talk you out of this car is you," I knew the choice had already been made. So far I'm pretty happy!

I have attached some pics of the old car but I would really like to know why the rest of you chose the RL as your pick.

See you in the forums!

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
After driving a chipped 1.8T VW for three years, my G/F couldn't see herself driving a slow car. When she totaled the VW, I picked out a bunch of cars in her price range and we set out to go look at them. The first one she saw was the RL and she loved it. The next day we bought it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts