Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Brand new. Not based on the prior S-series that put Saturn on the map.

2) Neon - Same basic design since they came out almost ten years ago. Ooh, it now has "Intrepid" style tail lights. Don't make me puke.

3) Sentra - living on the coattails of the hot Altime & Maxima. Those are performance cars. The Sentra is a Botox-treated econo-box whose time has come and gone.

3) Focus? - Foc u! That car is almost as slab sided as the Toyota Echo. Another Botox patient.

4) Honduh? - Rice is great when served with Japanese or Chinese food. That is the only place for it. If I wanted a pretender, I would watch videotaped court proceedings of OJ claiming he is innocent.

5) Hyun-die? - Better get that warranty for all the time it's gonna be in the shop!

6) KIA - You've got to be kidding. They might as well have named the car company AWOL or MIA instead.

Just a rant. Besides I like to piss off Neon owners. Their attention span is about as long as their genitalia. They'll read this and go into a hissy fit. Can you say catfight?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Polymer Dreams said:

2) Neon - Same basic design since they came out almost ten years ago. Ooh, it now has "Intrepid" style tail lights. Don't make me puke.

3) Sentra - living on the coattails of the hot Altime & Maxima. Those are performance cars. The Sentra is a Botox-treated econo-box whose time has come and gone.

3) Focus? - Foc u! That car is almost as slab sided as the Toyota Echo. Another Botox patient.

4) Honduh? - Rice is great when served with Japanese or Chinese food. That is the only place for it. If I wanted a pretender, I would watch videotaped court proceedings of OJ claiming he is innocent.

5) Hyun-die? - Better get that warranty for all the time it's gonna be in the shop!

6) KIA - You've got to be kidding. They might as well have named the car company AWOL or MIA instead.

Just a rant. Besides I like to piss off Neon owners. Their attention span is about as long as their genitalia. They'll read this and go into a hissy fit. Can you say catfight?

Do you even own a car yet, or are you still just reading about them in magazines?

Dale

·
Registered
34 Posts
OW!
thats harsh.
well. i do own a car. 2 actually.
and i must say the sentra SE-R SpecV is one FAST FUGGEN car for its type.
my friend has one, and ill be darned if it doesnt slam you in the seat when you drop the clutch.

and to dale:
do you still think your neon wont blow its head gasget by 80k?

·
Registered
63 Posts
ION RED_LINE said:
Dale, how long have you had your SRT?

under 2000 miles and it's still running great... well actually, it's not running today, but that's because we took it apart again, but it will run again, I hope...

And I am looking forward to parking the Redline next to it and having it spend more time apart than together as well...

Dark Apollo, I think we've met already, maybe in one of the SaturnChat nights earlier this year?

Dale

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have three Saturns with over 330k miles combined.

I think I'm qualified to talk about Saturns and other small cars. I also sold cars and know how hard it was to charge the same for a 3 year old 30,000 Neon as a 3 year old 32,000 mile Saturn.

Neon = Massive depreciation baby...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Polymer Dreams said:
I have three Saturns with over 330k miles combined.

I think I'm qualified to talk about Saturns and other small cars. I also sold cars and know how hard it was to charge the same for a 3 year old 30,000 Neon as a 3 year old 32,000 mile Saturn.

Neon = Massive depreciation baby...
yeah saturns are known for resale. you need a honda or a toyota if you want resale. I guess that's why saturn is having honda build motors for them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Polymer Dreams said:

can I ask you a question are you a ****?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Neon blowing a head gasket by 80K? I think that's being a bit on the generous side. I'd bet more like 45-50K. And I wouldn't count on your turbo lasting too much past that, either. The base Neons are garbage, and the SRT-4 only exacerbates the problem.

FYI--Saturn isn't "having" anyone build engines for them. That was GM's decision. But the domestic-bashers never seem to remember that Honda is TRADING GM the 3.5L V6 for big GM diesel engines. Saturn just ended up with the Honda V6. If you say Saturn can't build an engine, talk to several people I know that have Saturn S-series cars with over 200K on the original engine and transmission. And they still look like brand new, even though some of them are over 10 years old.

Yeah, if you want a fast, reliable car, buy a RedLine. If you want some cheap thrills that won't last too terribly long, by all means get the SRT-4.

·
Registered
34 Posts
there is a car at my local dealer that some one donated to them when they got their next saturn. 320k on the clock and it still runs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
FastGTP said:
Neon blowing a head gasket by 80K? I think that's being a bit on the generous side. I'd bet more like 45-50K. And I wouldn't count on your turbo lasting too much past that, either. The base Neons are garbage, and the SRT-4 only exacerbates the problem.

FYI--Saturn isn't "having" anyone build engines for them. That was GM's decision. But the domestic-bashers never seem to remember that Honda is TRADING GM the 3.5L V6 for big GM diesel engines. Saturn just ended up with the Honda V6. If you say Saturn can't build an engine, talk to several people I know that have Saturn S-series cars with over 200K on the original engine and transmission. And they still look like brand new, even though some of them are over 10 years old.

Yeah, if you want a fast, reliable car, buy a RedLine. If you want some cheap thrills that won't last too terribly long, by all means get the SRT-4.

Yeah, you're a poster child....

Dale

·
Registered
48 Posts
you guys are funny wait till you get your "ion" and every srt driven will woop on your ass. you saturn guys talk alot of shit. you already have buyers remorse and you haven't even baught the thing. Don't go test drive the srt after you test drive the ion because you might change your saturn fan boy minds. Go to any forum and just type srt-4 and you'll see how threatened people are by teh dodge.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Rice-a-roni said:
you guys are funny wait till you get your "ion" and every srt driven will woop on your ass. you saturn guys talk alot of shit. you already have buyers remorse and you haven't even baught the thing. Don't go test drive the srt after you test drive the ion because you might change your saturn fan boy minds. Go to any forum and just type srt-4 and you'll see how threatened people are by teh dodge.

Did you do a copy/paste from a post dated November 10th, 2002 on SRTForums and just do an edit/replace of "Redline" for "SRT-4"?

Ekool, this guy isn't any brighter on the SRTForums.com board, can't you set fire to his house or something?

Dale

·
Registered
34 Posts
"but at the end of the day, he will still be driving a dodge"

sounds really scared to me.
gramma and her Caddy scares me more then a neon.
its not what you drive, its how you drive that scares people.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Rice-a-roni said:
^^Someone is all up on the SRT4's cock.
*sarcasm* That car is the greatest thing since sliced bread, huh? *sarcasm*

You act like that car is so great, guess what? It's not.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dale Seeley said:
Did you do a copy/paste from a post dated November 10th, 2002 on SRTForums and just do an edit/replace of "Redline" for "SRT-4"?

Ekool, this guy isn't any brighter on the SRTForums.com board, can't you set fire to his house or something?

Dale
i looked, but couldnt find a thread where that was said. could you post the origional text?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Right, right, right. I'm a poster child. I just know that Neons, along with most other Chrysler products are 100% crap. In fact, 90% of them are still on the road---only 10% actually make it home from the dealership, from what I hear...

Buyer's remorse, huh? I don't drive an ION. I don't want to, either. But I'd take ANY GM over ANY Dodge, I know that much...

But hey, do whatever makes you happy. It's a free country, after all. But just try not to slam the ION guys too much, because it'll be your ION-driving friends that come pick your ass up when your Neon pops head gasket number five.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts