Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a picture of how dirty my intake got when driving through 15min of heavy rain.

Now if you were to cut up the bottom of your airbox or holes in the side your filter would get insanly dirty really fast. Just a FYI for everone that says to get the maximum HP you need to get the K&N replacement filter then cut up the box heck for 2 less HP i would rather the filter stay clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i completely agree. but i'll stick with the fact that there are better filters to use (performance wise) than the drop-in K&N's...

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vita said:
i completely agree. but i'll stick with the fact that there are better filters to use (performance wise) than the drop-in K&N's...
There are better filters to use but even sticking any other performance filter on there it will still get dirty as heck. And you would be cleaning it every couple weeks if you get rain every few days like it usually does here in OHIO.

·
Registered
196 Posts
korax123 said:
Here is a picture of how dirty my intake got when driving through 15min of heavy rain.

Now if you were to cut up the bottom of your airbox or holes in the side your filter would get insanly dirty really fast. Just a FYI for everone that says to get the maximum HP you need to get the K&N replacement filter then cut up the box heck for 2 less HP i would rather the filter stay clean.
I cut out the bottom and part of the side of my airbox and I've not seen anything close to the amount of dirt shown in your picture. In fact, there's no dirt at all. It's totally clean and I've been through some heavy rains here lately. I'm surprised that water splashed up that high into the engine compartment.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Snap a pic of the filter. Your showing of the tubing doesn't mean much, as it being a part of the engine compartment, it will get durtie. I want to see this filter. Mine is in the open and it doesn't get dirty from 15 min. of rain.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Mine is still all shiney and purty, I have even looked at the filter twice since I took out the air box about a month ago and it is fine.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I just looked at mine yesterday, still nice and clean, driven through plenty of rain, plus I have part of my lower splash shield cut away for more air flow.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
i have the k&n mine is very clean and purty. it really cant get to much dirt or water where it is.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
then how does mine get so dirty i have the stock filter and box in still minus my metal elbow i made.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Cause you drove thru a pond of water like an ass probably. I've been thru hellacious rain storms here in Florida and ive never had water or dirt near my piping and my K&N is breathing quite fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts