Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got thinking, you could use and 04,early 05 in other years by replacing the right intermediate shaft and adding the sensor/bracket then get the good ol HPT and change the p/rev from 85 to 30. Be a little work and $$$ but can be done...
Hey you sound like the guy I've been looking for, for advice I don't check the forms much but if this gets to you my email is [email protected] but my question was I swapped a 05 to a 04 motor tranny everything my buddy and his dad did it for me unfortunately I didn't get to see the bracket on the CV shaft I'm crawling around my transmission looking for the speed sensor because I have a reading it's just outrageous and it's putting a lot of miles on the car not really affecting performance or anything I just don't have a speedo so is the option above my option or because I have the 05 transmission in my Redline stick shift 5-speed does that mean I have a sensor located on the transmission and it just might be bad the speedo worked in the 05 but going through this whole car the previous owner caused a lot of issues on this 04. I'm just tired of arguing with my buddy saying it's the speed sensor but what you're saying above makes sense but unless the computer part of it isn't communicating properly I don't see why it would make a difference the harness is different let me know it would be nice to have a speedo I plan on finding the sensor now that I found out its location on the forms on the 05 transmission

21 - 21 of 21 Posts