Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get in my RL today and I notice some watermarks on the driver door, right by the window controls...look up at the window and see water beads forming and dropping from the weather stripping...gonna get on the phone and get the dealer to fix it before anything gets broken...anyone else have this happen to them?

·
Registered
69 Posts
new2boost said:
I get in my RL today and I notice some watermarks on the driver door, right by the window controls...look up at the window and see water beads forming and dropping from the weather stripping...gonna get on the phone and get the dealer to fix it before anything gets broken...anyone else have this happen to them?
Yes, I've actually noticed that as well. It has never been a steady leak, and mine doesn't hit anything but the floor, but in rain every once in a while I'll notice a drop fall out of the corner of my eye.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
me too, i notice that if i close the door a little harder when it rains, it won't leak

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
BlackRedline04 said:
Just be careful you dont slam it too hard. Whenever I do, the piece of plastic on the back door starts to fall off. It snaps back in place just fine, but its just something I noticed. :p
whoa buddy, don't bruise her ;)

·
I
7,838 Posts
I also noticed that happening to me, then i realized that when i shut the rear door it wasn't closing all the way. I would close it and then grab around it and give it a little push, that's how i told when it was closed. It didn't happen after that. But then again it has been parked in my garage for the past 3 months. :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sounds like this might apply to everyone. I'll take a closer look when I get home, see if I can find a design feature causing it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My drip is on the upcurve of the window and today I noticed a drip every few minutes or so while driving...I called a local dealer and they told me it would take about day to find the leak, I wanted to be a smartazz and tell them it took me 20 seconds to find the leak this morning but I refrained. If that really is the case I need to talk to them about getting a loaner since this is my only car and it's not easy for me to get a ride to and from work.

·
Registered
683 Posts
If it wasn't for a record setting rainfall in southern Cail i would not care, I guess cuz my first car had t-tops and no weatherstripping, I must be immune to that crap.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I haven't had any leaking problems either and we've had some decent rainfall last summer/fall, not nearly as much as California of course. Have you tried to apply lube to the weather striping, or am I way off base here?

·
Registered
69 Posts
To be honest, the drip is so slow I can't rule out the possibility that some water built up on the gasket when the door was opened, slowly collected to a point and dripped. Maybe just the way everything is shaped, the same thing consistantly happens. The big storm is over anyway, it probably won't rain again until next year.

·
Registered
69 Posts
unknownsuperhero said:
One can only hope, no one can drive in the rain around here.
Tell me about it, they either go 20 because they're scared, or 100 because they don't want to be in the rain so long. I can't imagine what most Southern Californian's would do if they ever had to drive in snow.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Haven't had any rain to try this with. We have had a total of about a foot of snow since I have had the RL, but no rain.

·
I
7,838 Posts
Just do what i do, buy a POS car for the winter and park the RL. Can't beat mine, a 91 GMC sonoma...except the G is missing on the front. So it only has the MC, i call it "mission control". Total WT car, speedo doesn't work, no exhaust system behind the cat, rust all over it. I kicked it once to get the snow off and i put my foot through the bed of the truck.....beats kicking the RL. :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
If you guys are keeping a toll both of my rl are leaking at the rear doors and it collects on the floor. I have had both cars since june and the dealer has already changed one door gasket they say its becuase the mold for the rubber comes together there and the water follows the seam. This really sucks becuase I live in washington.

B

·
0 Posts
Count me in on the window leak. I thought it was a fluke or something, but since many of you have described the same exact thing, I am begining to wonder. Let's see, rear seat squeak, clutch creak, window leak(I see a pattern here, ha ha). I don't think I have the cam sensor leak yet, but now I'm concerned. I think it's time to visit the 'ole dealership.

B

·
0 Posts
I just called my dealership about the problems I am having and got the most rude service person in the world. He was like "sigh...what's the problem?" I was trying to tell him about the concern I had with the cam sensor leak and before I could finish he interupted me with " oh... we haven't had any of those". Maybe so, but you will soon, jackass. I tried to tell him about the windowleak and the rear seat squeaking, and he interupted me again with "I couldn't get you in here until the week after next." THE WEEK AFTER NEXT? By then maybe I'll have a blown engine for their dumbasses to replace. I don't think I am overreacting here, either. So, I called the sales manager. He said he would have the service manager call me first thing Monday morning to set up a time as soon as possible. That's more like it. I know these guys have a job to do, but don't ever treat me like shit. I bought the car from them, they have an obligation to "at least listen" to a "whole" sentence before interupting me. Man, I am having a bad day already. Sorry about venting here. I am just frustrated. I love my car and I don't want anything to bad to happen to her.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts