Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2004 Saturn Ion Redline
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 04 Redline for about a year now. I have done so much to the car but I have always put one thing off. Now I'm gonna address that issue.

The black strip that runs along the window channels on the doors was peeling pretty bad when I bought the car. I threw some electrical tape on there to get by for the time being. I'm told finding those replacements is gonna be almost impossible. I did however find the passenger side for well over 100 馃槵

My second thought was to paint them. I'm wondering how hard are they to remove? I saw a few threads that said they were quite easy to remove but they get damaged in the process.

Is it possible to remove these strips so I can paint and reinstall? Or am I stuck buying new for those prices (which I haven't even found the driver side)? Obviously I have to do what it takes but at those prices I would definitely attempt to save them. Honestly anything would look better than electrical tape

Super Moderator
They're not difficult. Iirc 1 screw at each end. They are super flimsy though. Then they pop up or slide. Cant remember off hand

Registered
2004 Saturn Ion Redline
Discussion Starter #3
They're not difficult. Iirc 1 screw at each end. They are super flimsy though. Then they pop up or slide. Cant remember off hand
Thanks I haven't tried to remove them yet but I was able to find a brand new set. Though it cost me a pretty penny (I hate obsolete parts馃檮) I'm gonna attempt to remove this weekend

Registered
Hm yeah, mine are in alright condition, planning to vinyl wrap mine in the upcoming summer to save a bit of bread.

Super Moderator
Yea. Last time I looked I think they were around 125 each. Its one of those things I look for at junk yards to just keep on hand

Reactions: sufthenuf

Registered
2004 Saturn Ion Redline
Discussion Starter #6
well they arrived and i got them installed. looks so much better then the electrical tape that was on there before. IMO worth the price to keep your Redline looking good

now i gotta get some Redline floor mats

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts