Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where I can get the trim that runs along the bottom of side windows? Plastic coating on both sides has curled and is peeling from the aluminum..it's the black model, btw.

·
Super Moderator
1,445 Posts
Theyve long been discontinued. Either a parts car or you can peel the rubber off and paint the aluminum black

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well if you want new pieces you could try looking online or eBay specifically but you are looking at spending $40 or more per piece. I am in California so what I have done is hit up the local junkyards. You just need a philips screwdriver to remove them be careful to not bend them when you remove them. If you are going that route try practicing removing on a couple bad pieces before removing a good one if you can. Depending on the junkyard you can come away with both sides for under $30. And if you find good ones get several. I have a spare good pair for when or if the ones I have now start to go bad.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update us on what you ordered and how it fits.
I found some, I think. Wasn't too outrageous but I'm stick on an intermediate shaft bearing right now that's more "pressing". Hope I can find it again

·
Registered
16 Posts
Will look forward to your update. My uncle got this Redline project that we'll work on after we finished installing the skid plates and smittybilt rack on the Wrangler this week.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I left the site before last post to not be able to find it again. Isn't this strip black for other models as well? Anybody?
Got an update that says a 2007 showed up at a scrap yard near me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts