Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i start working on my car i wanna put in #80 injectors, 2.7 pulley, intake and some other stuff, i have everything planned out and pricing for them i just have no idea what i need for motor/transaxle mounts, do i need new mounts? if so what mounts are best? and how much do they cost?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have an 04, im getting a list together of what im going to get when i have the money but i have some priorities before making my car badass since its alrdy compared to all the other cars i have

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
yeah theyre prettu badass in stock formation, i would definatley do theose tranny mounts, front and back, will get rid of your wheel hop and keep eveything tighter, budddy has them on his 04 and its solid, im going to get some as soon as i got the money, i also am trying to save what i can up to build up the car too,
heres a few things im looking at getting as soon as money provides.

Cobalt & Ion ---> ZZ Performance
this will be for the exhaust, im trying to keep the car sorta stock looking/sounding so im gonna keep the stock muffler, and build the exhaust for now
ion redline over axle pipe
Cobalt & Ion ---> ZZ Performance

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, im trying to figure out this stuff out before i get to the spending part.......to tell u the truth i probably won't be buying anything major for at least like 7 months since i need to save up money.......but how many mounts are there? like how many mounts are on the trans and how many are on the motor

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
i know there are 2 tranny mounts and one top motor mount, i dont know of any other mounts on the car, so is it safe to say there are 3 mounts? im not sure

·
I'm hungry
6,735 Posts
i know there are 2 tranny mounts and one top motor mount, i dont know of any other mounts on the car, so is it safe to say there are 3 mounts? im not sure
there is 2 mounts on top... its just that one of them is hidden and really hard to get to so no one ever made anything for it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I bought the solid mounts off a member here, and I can see how people complain about the cabin noise, but honestly its not an issue for me. When you first start the car or take off in first gear, there is quite a bit of vibration but not something that I find a deal breaker. The only other thing I have to compare it to is my DSM with poly mounts and no balance shafts, and the satty doesnt vibrate as much as it does.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
i would start with your tranny mounts first, then the top mount, do you have an 04 or 05+? anyways heres a link to the tranny mounts, they have the 04 specific and the 05+ as well.
Drivetrain - Turbo Tech Racing, LLC
Thanks for the reference.

We do have the front bushing insert for the 2004 RL trans. We are the only company we know of in which makes a poly bushing for the 2004. We even have a couple in stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts