Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the highway going to orlando this weekend and there was a mustang

fellin all speddy and shit , wizzen thu traffic i was a just sitten back watchen

this guy for like 10 mins just lokken think he noticed i was there

so the hwy goes to 4 lane after being in traffic i gunn it , he gunns it

was going about 55 when i gunned it .

came up along side of him scremmin i looked over at him and waved

we went about 2 or 3 exits fyen before more traffic had him by 4 cars .

had the big fat tires in the back big oll tac cowl hood sounded nice he

underestimated the Ecotec ? SLOWED DOWN AND HE GAVE ME THE THUMBS

UP :cool:

Morral of the story is dam the mustang are Slow.....

·
Registered
55 Posts
riz906 said:
I'd say that's an over-generalization. Even those old Fox Body's were capable of low 14's stock (possibly better) if you got the right year and trim. BTW, where'd you run your 14.7? Bradenton? BTW, nice kill on the 5.0... at least he wasn't a jerk.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
It's rare to find a 302 Mustang stock anymore. I was out watching some street races last night and there were old ass 302's lifting the front end off the ground and claiming to run 11's. They're not as dominant at highyway speeds but just might give you a run for your money. Nice kill though.

·
Registered
367 Posts
yeah alot of 5.0's are really tired now .... low 14's stock is not really possible on a "Stock" mustang 5.0, best year was 89, maybe a 14.7 stock with a good driver and teh 5speed, now if you threw some good sticky tires on there, it would go down to 14, possibly even into the 13's. do a modern HCI, exhaust swap on it, and you'll be down to low 12's. God those cars are insane, shame i never had the money to modify mine. (the cylinder heads i wanted for it are 1250 USD.)

·
Registered
221 Posts
riz906 said:

fellin all speddy and shit , wizzen thu traffic i was a just sitten back watchen

hoockd awn fawniks werked fo me. :eek:

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
There are some mean Mustangs around here... You can usually see the ones that are fast, they still look good. The ones that look like shit, generally run like shit too. I keep finding the same guy, I think, behind me at this same intersection once or twice a week. He always turns into the gas station right after the turn, and I'm usally going straight. His exhust note makes my car shudder from behind me, car looks stock from every angle I've seen it at, and has a HUGE tach on the dash. I'd guess it's a late 80's, possible early 90's. Not the hatchback, not the GT. Black, like all the LXs... ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Moosehead115 said:
yeah alot of 5.0's are really tired now .... low 14's stock is not really possible on a "Stock" mustang 5.0, best year was 89, maybe a 14.7 stock with a good driver and teh 5speed, now if you threw some good sticky tires on there, it would go down to 14, possibly even into the 13's. do a modern HCI, exhaust swap on it, and you'll be down to low 12's. God those cars are insane, shame i never had the money to modify mine. (the cylinder heads i wanted for it are 1250 USD.)
Sorry. Bone stock 1987 to 1989 Mustang's ran 13.9 to 14.1 in the 1/4.
With $1,500 in Mods low 12sec 1/4 miles were possible.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
if it was taken care of. who give a shit if there was 12000 in mods if it wasnt taken care of the car is really a lump of shit.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
riz906 said:

Haha good kill Sam, wish you could have got that on tape for me. How's the stuff Jonathan got at the show? Sorry I couldn't make it.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I just caught a forum glitch... that post from dazed showed up above the thread I posted to you in the MI thread. I was really confused... then it was gone, then it showed up here as a new post... very odd...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Sp00ner said:
There are some mean Mustangs around here... You can usually see the ones that are fast, they still look good. The ones that look like shit, generally run like shit too. I keep finding the same guy, I think, behind me at this same intersection once or twice a week. He always turns into the gas station right after the turn, and I'm usally going straight. His exhust note makes my car shudder from behind me, car looks stock from every angle I've seen it at, and has a HUGE tach on the dash. I'd guess it's a late 80's, possible early 90's. Not the hatchback, not the GT. Black, like all the LXs... ;)

Are you talking about the LX 5.0 coupe?? MMMMM those are my fav i think. Such a sleeper look and they were the fastes in stock trim. Couldnt handle as well as a GT but weighed less since they were coupe and didnt have all the GT molding. They made hatchback LX 5.0 too but the coupe is so awesome. ID love to have a plain black one and do nothing visual wise to it, just dump money in performance. So hard to find a good one in good condition tho.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I forgot there were two LX models... I'm not sure what this one is... I never get a good look at the back. Hes always right behind me... In FL, I used to see alot of the hatches at the strip.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
mbhmustang98 said:
Are you talking about the LX 5.0 coupe?? MMMMM those are my fav i think. Such a sleeper look and they were the fastes in stock trim. Couldnt handle as well as a GT but weighed less since they were coupe and didnt have all the GT molding. They made hatchback LX 5.0 too but the coupe is so awesome. ID love to have a plain black one and do nothing visual wise to it, just dump money in performance. So hard to find a good one in good condition tho.

I live near Detroit and you should see some of these 5.0's around here. It's sick.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Sp00ner said:
I just caught a forum glitch... that post from dazed showed up above the thread I posted to you in the MI thread. I was really confused... then it was gone, then it showed up here as a new post... very odd...

I accidentally posted in the wrong post. I didn't think anyone would notice. forgot Spooner was on duty. :)

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
That makes more sense... you did it so fast I thought it was a glitch... I must have been right behind what you were doing, post by post....

·
Registered
888 Posts
Darkness95M3 said:
Sorry. Bone stock 1987 to 1989 Mustang's ran 13.9 to 14.1 in the 1/4.
With $1,500 in Mods low 12sec 1/4 miles were possible.

HAHAHA, like posted earlier the fastest stock foxbody was the late 80s LX 5.0 which with a perfect run could get into the high 14s and thats a fact.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
come on the 80s cars barley made 200hp. Even the cobra was only what 235. Thats pitiful

·
Registered
52 Posts
1986 gt had 200hp, 1987-1993 gt had 225hp. 1993 cobra had either 235 or 240hp.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts