Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this place online. A DIY Garage located in Baldwin park and open to the public which rent bays, lift, tools and equipments so you can work on your own car. It looks like a good solution for many problems when working at home, such as cant find the right tool or need part when you are half way through the job.
This is their website and you can see some picture on their facebook page: Your Dream Garage
www.facebook.com/yourdreamgarage

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Interesting idea. I feel like people would take advantage, and steal tools, break things, etc.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
its pretty much just like the auto hobby shop aboard camp lejeune. you've got to sign out any tools you use and if its missing when you go to check out you get charged. very good way to keep people from stealing shit. :D
these types of garages are really pretty awesome, if there was one near me (besides the tiny one aboard the little base here) i would definitely work on my shit there if i needed specialty tools.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Even if you work on your car in the garage all of the time, places like these can be helpful. Doing something like exhaust etc is soooo much easier on a lift. I used one on post before and it wasn't too bad. A couple of dollars got me a lift for an hour or so and tools. Plus the dudes working were happy to give some advice.

·
Registered
163 Posts
This would be so great to have, but I don't recall seeing any DIY shops in the NJ area. I remember there was one a long time ago (more than 20 years ago) but they are long gone.

·
The Professor
3,821 Posts
If they are around, it's a great place to work on your car, especially if your tools are limited. Back when I was in the Army I was there about every weekend.

·
Premium Member
12,221 Posts
I know a few people who don't have a garage or shop to work on their cars who use these places all the time. Pretty cool

1 - 8 of 8 Posts