Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 06 Redline used. Came with solid motor mounts--too much vibration for me. Looking for some factory ones to put in. Thanks.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have factory trans mounts that are just sitting around if that's what you mean. You could also weigh the option of finding rotated mounts instead. More vibrations than stock, but better power transfer as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I don't know a whole lot about it. Don't know how many mounts there are or what they're called. If you've replaced yours, I'm sure you know what you're talking about. So, are there 2 or 3? From what I can find out from parts stores, there are 2 transmission mounts and 1 motor mount in front... is that right? As long as they will fit my 06 I'd definitely be interested. What do you want for them? Thanks!

·
Registered
308 Posts
There are four, two transmission mounts and two engine mounts. The second engine mount is under the fuse box (around there).
Replacements are made for the trans mounts and passenger side engine mount. For the trans, you can also buy separate inserts that replace the factory rubber, but still use the stock metal mount.
Take some pictures of what you have so you don't end up buying the wrong things.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So do you have all four mounts available?

Bottom line is I need whichever ones would have been replaced with the solid mounts when they did it. Is that all of them or only some?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Solid mounts can mean they did just solid trans mounts, or both trans and the passenger engine mount. Take pictures, be sure of what you have so you better know what you need.
I have just the stock trans mounts.
If you can work out a trade like in the other thread, that's not a bad idea.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. Thanks. I know I need the trans mounts, and I can get the engine mount on ebay, so can we work out a deal on the trans mounts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts