Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so I got an Autometer Tach Adapter so my Autometer shift light will fucking work. I hooked it up to the dark green wire with the white stripe (as I was told by a Satty tech that that is the wire to use) and nothing. The fucking thing still doesn't work. It powers up and flashes when I turn the ingition, as always, but I can fucking hit the limiter and the son of a bitch won't even blink. :confused:

I even tried swapping the wires going to the adapter around to make sure I didn't have it backwards and still nothing. Then I left the green/white stripe wire open just to see what would happen (making sure I had the right wire I guess) and the car would idle at 3 grand. :confused: Right now, I took the adapter off and just hooked the wire back up to itself.

Anyone use a tach adapter on their car with a shift light? Any insight and/or photos would be MUCH appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
have to ask the stupid question but did you try and set the rev limit on the light lower to see if its working. Like say at 1500 rpms. If it comes on a 3k you know its not setup right ya dig?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
goofyguy said:
have to ask the stupid question but did you try and set the rev limit on the light lower to see if its working. Like say at 1500 rpms. If it comes on a 3k you know its not setup right ya dig?

It uses pills and has a 6.2 (6200 rpm) in it. It does not have a selector switch to choose rpm's.

Good suggestion thoughl.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
but is it calbrated for a 4 banger. If it thinks your a v8 its only seeing 1500 rpms at 6000 rpms ya get it?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It has a switch on the back for 4, 6 or 8 cylinder.

It is set to 4.

I'm baffled because everything seems to be set up right but it still does not work.

At least I know that torque brace will work after I put it on tomorrow. :D

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
We will see. Be sure to setup correctly.

·
Registered
141 Posts
JPK said:
It has a switch on the back for 4, 6 or 8 cylinder.

It is set to 4.

I'm baffled because everything seems to be set up right but it still does not work.

At least I know that torque brace will work after I put it on tomorrow. :D
I think that may be your problem. I seem to recall that with our stup you need to be able to set it at 2 cyl.

·
Registered
391 Posts
that is correct our system reads as a two cylinder operation, same as any coil on plug system, even the ls1 and 4.6.

this is all acording to raptor performance.

·
Registered
391 Posts
hell yeah it is.... screw msd with their dumb pills, large amber bulbs and stupid tach adaptors.....

my raptor was only 75-80 i forget but thats about the price of your tach adaptor...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
haunter said:
dude try setting it as 3100 and see if it comes on at 6200
He's got a 'pill' module for the RPMs and only one of 'em.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts