Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i priced out leasing a redline last night... with my 4k trade in, it said 180$.... so i figure add in tax and tags and thats about 200$ a month.. which is a hella sweet deal. so i go into the dealer today, and the guy after walking back and forth between the back room for 20 minutes... says 'the website is wrong, the lease is actually 280$ a month'...

f you saturn... bitches

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IronMan19K1O said:
$280 sounds good for a lease. My RL payments are $380/mo dude. Get a better job than McDonalds and stop yo bitchin!
my job > you

and your missing the point... point is that i think he was lying about the website being wrong. i actually emailed saturn to find out

·
Registered
764 Posts
Have you looked into buying an 04? With the rebate and a 4k trade in, you should be able to buy one for around $320 or less a month if you finance for 5 years.

·
Registered
44 Posts
First of all, I know my home income is way more than yours, due to your bitchin of $280/mo. Next I wouldn't have leashed out if you wouldn't have made that remark to Saturn. It's not Saturns' fault you can't afford it. And last but not least, why don't you go find a used one.... cheaper than leaseing a new one, and it's yours.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
sure you were looking at a ion2 instead of the redline.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IronMan19K1O said:
First of all, I know my home income is way more than yours, due to your bitchin of $280/mo. Next I wouldn't have leashed out if you wouldn't have made that remark to Saturn. It's not Saturns' fault you can't afford it. And last but not least, why don't you go find a used one.... cheaper than leaseing a new one, and it's yours.

again, your nooooot understanddingggg meeeeeee....

280$ a month isnt a big deal, and i can afford it... i wasnt even considering the redline till i saw the low lease price. im not gonna buy one cos im sure it will start to fall apart at 40k, like almost all american cars.

the point being, i think he was lying to me about the price being wrong... so he could get more money out of me. NOT cool...

·
Registered
196 Posts
ajnast4r said:
i wasnt even considering the redline till i saw the low lease price. im not gonna buy one cos im sure it will start to fall apart at 40k, like almost all american cars.
if I recall correctly my 01 SC2 had 108,000 miles on it when I traded it in and never had a major problem with it......I changed the battery, rotors, and brake pads and did the regular maintenance on it

also the Red Line doesnt have an American engine.....more like sweedish and a german transmission

·
Registered
44 Posts
I get yo sorry ass point. Now get mine.... leave now, your in the wrong forum to bash American Make Vehicles. You don't have a F****** clue how good the ECOTEC engine is do you. Did you know the highest recorded maintanance free record of an ION is currently 388,000 miles... and it only needed a valve cover gasket. I hope you don't live in America and by Jap cars with that mouth.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Smurf said:
if I recall correctly my 01 SC2 had 108,000 miles on it when I traded it in and never had a major problem with it......I changed the battery, rotors, and brake pads and did the regular maintenance on it

also the Red Line doesnt have an American engine.....more like sweedish and a german transmission

Almost, German Engine and Sweedish Transmission. The Blower is American Made.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
ajnast4r said:

280$ a month isnt a big deal, and i can afford it... i wasnt even considering the redline till i saw the low lease price. im not gonna buy one cos im sure it will start to fall apart at 40k, like almost all american cars.

the point being, i think he was lying to me about the price being wrong... so he could get more money out of me. NOT cool...
Right, they fall apart at 40,000 miles, that's a completely ignorant statement. Good call, maybe you should direct you attacks at the PERSON that you are having an issue with, and not the CAR that they drive. I have never owned anything other than an American car, and none of them had less than 100,000 miles on it when I sold or traded it in, in good running/working order. With the exception of my last Saturn, which had 65,000 miles with not a single mechanical malfunction ever. Since it comes with a warranty of 60,000 miles to begin with, 40,000 seems even more ignorant.

Again, the person not the car. Don't be stupid and come into an enthusiat site aimed at an American cars, and then call them shit. Now, regardless of whatever else you say, you're an idiot, or an ass, pick one.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Are you leasing for $380/month or financing it Iron? $380 is a lot for a lease...and I'm leasing mine for about the same price that aj is saying his salesman is giving him. I didn't trade a car in at all so no trade in value, but I got the GMS discount (no where near the $4k trade in he's stating). So his dealer might be trying to get as much out of him as possible. Mine has all the options, minus the curtain airbags (only about $400 more so the monthly payments would have been a couple bucks more with that). My point is that aj should be getting a lower price than $280 with that trade in, and if he's getting a GMS discount on top of it. My guess is around $240-260 a month...maybe a little less.

·
Registered
44 Posts
that's 380/mo for 4yrs buying not leasing.

I get all that, really I do.... the point I made the coment was for his rude ass remark towards saturns jsut because someone was gonna screw him out of his pocket.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
whatever, quit being such a fanboy...your the one who started in with the 'mcdonalds' thing. ANYWAY

whats a GMS discount?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
ajnast4r said:
whats a GMS discount?
It's the GM employee discount. It's around $1500 off the sticker I believe. You have to know someone that works for GM that can get the number for you to get the discount. It'll take a day or 2 to process the paperwork within GM to get the number to you for the discount.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
ajnast4r said:

I was going to buy a 1.8t GTI before I bought my redline cause I looked at the pricing calculator on the website and it seemed affordable. The same thing happened to me when I went to the dealer. Those calculators are only estamates. That doesnt mean the dealer has to hold to that. Is that why so many people lease american cars, because they only last 40k :rolleyes: . I allways thought people leased cars because they wanted to drive more than they could afford.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts