Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Wtf

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  DanM 
#1 ·
After having my intake installed, I now have this problem every once in a while: At times while driving, when I give the car full throttle, it feels like a cylinder is shut off or something. The car is just flat. I can hear the sc whining, but my acceleration feels like that of a geo. Like I said, it only occurs once in a while, but I have no idea what's going on. Any ideas??? Anything I should do?

#4 ·
have you tried checking the filter and clamp that holds the filter on. Sounds like you possibly might not have it on securely. That would be the first thing I would check.

#5 ·
If there's no warning light, then it hasn't entered limp-mode.

Stumbling on acceleration is usually either ignition (poor spark) or fuel delivery related. If this has only started happening since you installed the intake, though, then it could be a vac leak somewhere or the MAF sensor positioned wrong/badly and giving bad readings. I'd just pop the hood and give the intake a good look over. Make sure everything's on solid. Listen for vac leaks with the car running.

#8 ·
My Car Starting Doing Something Similar. But I Was Not Driving It. I Raced It Up A Few Times To Hear The Supercharger, And When It Went To Idle Down, It Wouldn't Idle Fast Enough, So I Guess The Computer Started Shutting Down Cylinders. It Did Turn On A Service Code, But I Just Said That The Engine Was Idling Higher Than The Computer Wanted It To. I Am Thinking That It Has Nothing To Do With The Cai But With The New Program When It Was Updated. I Am Going To Check With Saturn And See What The Newest Update Is And If They Have Had Any Problems Similer.

#9 ·
DRJOHN said:
My Car Starting Doing Something Similar. But I Was Not Driving It. I Raced It Up A Few Times To Hear The Supercharger, And When It Went To Idle Down, It Wouldn't Idle Fast Enough, So I Guess The Computer Started Shutting Down Cylinders. It Did Turn On A Service Code, But I Just Said That The Engine Was Idling Higher Than The Computer Wanted It To. I Am Thinking That It Has Nothing To Do With The Cai But With The New Program When It Was Updated. I Am Going To Check With Saturn And See What The Newest Update Is And If They Have Had Any Problems Similer.
A high idle is easily caused by a vacuum leak. And if you recently installed an intake, this is all the more likely. Check for vac leaks.

And easy on the shift key. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.